Connect with us

Tech

Police given warrant to search crashed Tesla

Published

on

Tesla

Texas police search crashed vehicle to secure data.

Texas police are set to serve search warrants on Tesla in hopes to secure data from a vehicle that crashed on the weekend.

Authorities are expressing concern over a recent tweet by Elon Musk, Tesla’s CEO.

Musk tweeted that data logs retrieved so far indicated the car’s autopilot was not engaged.

But police say that is the first time they’ve even heard from the company.

Texas police say they believe no one was in the driver seat when the 20-19 Model S left the road and burst into flames.

Two people died with one victim found in the front passenger seat and another in the back.

Media

Electronic Entertainment Expo stuns gamers!

Published

on

Gaming fans have been keeping a keen eye on the Electronic Entertainment Expo this week.

Big game publishers have not disappointed… With a host of new games on the way there is barely enough space to mention them all here!

Studios like Nintendo, Microsoft, Capcom, Ubisoft, Take-Two Interactive, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Square Enix and Sega (to name a few) have been sharing their latest games and hardware this week!

Independent developers have also had their chance to shine with small studios sharing heartfelt and clever games that – at times, outshine the big players.

Halo: Infinite will have free to play multiplayer across Xbox and PC

One game in particular has shone bright – Halo: Infinite is promising a return to form with the series now offering free Multiplayer which looks set to boost the communities numbers – 343 industries has promised that fans both old and new will find something to enjoy!

Battlefield 2042 feels like a love letter to fans of the series offering a “return to all-out war”

Battlefield continued to excite fans with a new gameplay reveal and the game even looks well placed to dethrone their competitors – Call Of Duty: Warzone when it releases in October.

Continue Reading

Tech

WhatsApp launches privacy campaign following backlash

Published

on

WhatsApp has launched its first privacy-focused advertising campaign, following major backlash

Millions in the UK stopped using WhatsApp, thanks to new privacy changes that were implemented at the start of the year.

The messaging platform is standing firm against pressure from governments that want to compromise the way that it encrypts messages.

WhatsApp’s boss says governments shouldn’t be out there trying to encourage tech companies to offer weak security.

Authorities should “demand more security” rather than less, WhatsApp boss Will Cathcart told the media.

“The first step of keeping people safe is, you have to have strong security, and we think governments shouldn’t be out there trying to encourage tech companies to offer weak security,”

“They should be out there trying to encourage or even mandate that companies offer the strongest security possible.”

WhatsApp uses end-to-end encryption, which means messages can only be read on the device which sends one and the device which receives it. WhatsApp itself – and by default its parent company Facebook – cannot view or intercept them, and neither can law enforcement.

The marketing campaign is set to run internationally, beginning in the UK and Germany today.

Home Secretary Priti Patel has described the use of end-to-end encryption as “not acceptable” in the fight against the sharing of illegal content.

Continue Reading

Business

McDonald’s hit by cyber attack – Here’s what’s been breached:

Published

on

McDonald’s has been McHacked

McDonald’s is the latest leading company to be hit by a data breach, exposing customers’ details.

The world’s largest fast-food chain restaurant confirmed cyber hackers have tapped into customer files.

The recent breach last Friday affects customers in South Korea and Taiwan, including e-mail, delivery addresses, and phone numbers.

The chain confirmed that it recently hired external consultants to investigate unauthorised activity on an internal security system, prompted by a specific incident in which the unauthorised access was cut off a week after it was identified, McDonald’s said.

Payment details have not been breached.

McDonald’s said it wasn’t asked for ransom, nor did it make any payment to the hackers.

Ransomware attacks have disrupted operations at leading companies around the world in recent months including the Colonial Pipeline Co. and meat supplier JBS.

Continue Reading

Trending on Ticker

Copyright © 2021 Ticker Media Group Pty Ltd