Facebook is testing VR ads inside its Oculus Quest virtual reality headset system
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is breaking his previous promise that VR Oculus Quest apps will remain ad-free.
The company is describing the ad roll-out as an ‘experiment’. The ads are already appearing in a game called Balston, with other developers rolling out similar ads.
Facebook says it will listen to feedback before launching the virtual reality ads more widely, and will continue testing new ad formats “that are unique to VR”.
Oculus says “We’re exploring new ways for developers to generate revenue – this is a key part of ensuring we’re creating a self-sustaining platform”.
Is the green revolution incoming?
Can industries practice for a greener tomorrow?
Industrial sustainability is evolving, as businesses in this sector actively seek environmentally conscious solutions to reduce their ecological footprint. From adopting renewable energy sources to implementing waste reduction measures, companies are reshaping their practices to align with global sustainability goals.
In the pursuit of industrial sustainability, businesses are integrating green technologies, embracing circular economies, and prioritising ethical supply chain management. These efforts not only benefit the environment but also position companies as responsible corporate citizens, appealing to a growing environmentally conscious consumer base.
Carlos Urbano, Vice President of Industry, Pacific Zone at Schneider Electric, tells us more about green technologies.
Schneider Electric is at the forefront of the digital transformation of energy management and automation.
Cyber insurers urge government support for catastrophic hacks
Cybersecurity insurers are sounding the alarm, warning that the scale and impact of cyberattacks are reaching unprecedented levels, and the financial toll on businesses is becoming unsustainable.
These insurers are now calling on governments to step in and provide assistance in the event of catastrophic hacks.
The frequency and sophistication of cyberattacks have surged in recent years, causing significant financial losses for businesses across various industries.
Cyber insurance policies have helped companies mitigate some of these losses, but insurers argue that the magnitude of certain cyber incidents is overwhelming the insurance industry’s capacity to cover the costs.
As a result, cyber insurance providers are advocating for government intervention to establish a framework for dealing with catastrophic cyberattacks.
They propose that governments should create a fund or support mechanism to help affected businesses recover from large-scale cyber incidents.
This would not only ease the financial burden on insurers but also ensure the continuity of affected businesses and the broader economy.
The question now arises: Should governments take a more active role in responding to catastrophic cyberattacks, or should the burden primarily fall on private insurers and affected businesses?
While cyber insurance has been a valuable tool in managing cyber risks, the rising frequency of massive hacks may necessitate a reevaluation of the current approach. The collaboration between governments and insurers in addressing cyber threats could be crucial in safeguarding businesses and the economy in an increasingly digitized world.
Slick gaming gifts for the players this season
Looking for the perfect gift for the gamer in your life?
1. PlayStation 5 Console: The PS5™ console is a gaming powerhouse that takes the gaming experience to new heights. With lightning-fast loading times thanks to its ultra-high-speed SSD, haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, and 3D Audio support, the PS5™ delivers immersion like never before. Combine these features with an incredible lineup of PlayStation® games, and you have a gaming console that exceeds expectations.
TOP TITLES AVAILABLE FOR PS5:
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
Mortal Kombat 1
Horizon: Forbidden West
2. Xbox Series S: The Xbox Series S is the smallest and sleekest Xbox console ever, offering next-gen speed and performance at an accessible price point. With the Xbox Velocity Architecture and a custom-built 512GB NVMe SSD, this all-digital console minimizes load times and allows you to seamlessly switch between recently played games with Quick Resume. Enjoy thousands of games across four generations with backward compatibility.
3. Xbox Series X: Introducing the Xbox Series X, the fastest and most powerful Xbox ever. With the Xbox Velocity Architecture, a custom SSD, and 12 teraflops of raw graphic processing power, this console offers a seamless and visually stunning gaming experience. Enjoy 4K gaming at up to 120 frames per second, Quick Resume for switching between games in an instant, and access to a library of high-quality games through Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
TOP TITLES AVAILABLE FOR XBOX:
Forza Horizon 5
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II/III/Warzone 2.0
4. ROG Ally Gaming Handheld: Immerse yourself in gaming on the go with the ROG Ally Gaming Handheld. Featuring a Full HD 120Hz display and comfortable ergonomics, this handheld device is perfect for enjoying AAA or indie games. Connect it to a TV for a couch multiplayer experience, or take it to the next level with the XG Mobile external GPU, monitor, mouse, and keyboard for high-fidelity 4K gaming.
5. Nintendo Switch OLED: The Nintendo Switch OLED model takes gaming versatility to the next level. Play at home on the TV or on-the-go with a vibrant 7-inch OLED screen. The adjustable stand, wired LAN port in the dock, 64 GB of internal storage, and enhanced audio make this version of the Nintendo Switch a must-have for gaming on the move.
TOP TITLES AVAILABLE FOR PC:
Apex Legends – 2019
Elden Ring – 2022
Hades – 2018
Grand Theft Auto V – 2013
Dota 2 – 2013
TOP TITLES AVAILABLE FOR NINTENDO SWITCH:
Super Mario Bros: Wonder
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
This holiday season, give the gift of unparalleled gaming experiences with these top gaming products that cater to every gamer’s preferences and playstyle. Whether it’s the speed of the Xbox Series X, the versatility of the Nintendo Switch OLED, or the immersive features of the PS5, these gifts are sure to make any gamer’s dreams come true.
How will we trade in the future?
Game-changing biotech breakthrough targets pancreatic cancer
Is the green revolution incoming?
Crypto.com accidentally transfers $10.5m to woman instead of $100
What is happening between SHIB and Vitalik? | TICKER VIEWS
Russia has cancelled itself. But the world should beware of poking the Russian bear￼
Tech3 days ago
Teens allegedly exploited by Meta’s designed products
Tech3 days ago
Elon Musk’s warning about OpenAi drama
News3 days ago
Meghan Markle names Royals in skin colour controversy
Shows2 days ago
Why Australia needs to take ASEAN seriously
News2 days ago
Mark Zuckerberg’s unique daily routine and diet
Money2 days ago
Bill Gates’ journey to owning vast heartland farmland
Tech3 days ago
NVIDIA faces lawsuit for trade secret theft
News5 days ago
Black Friday 2023 will overtake Boxing Day sales