Connect with us

Fame

Alec Baldwin film set shut down following fatal shooting

Published

on

A woman has died and a man has been hurt in an accidental shooting on the set of a film starring Alec Baldwin

It is understood that Baldwin fired the gun which was intended to be a prop.

Authorities in the US state of New Mexico stated that a gun being used as prop was discharged during filming of Alec Baldwin’s movie ‘Rust’ on Thursday.

The 42 year-old woman, understood to be a cinematographer, was taken to hospital but died of her injuries.

The man injured was receiving emergency care

Detectives are investigating the incident at Bonanza Creek Ranch which is a popular filming location in the United States.

According to reports, the movie Rust is about a 13-year-old boy who is left to fend for himself and his younger brother following the death of their parents in Kansas in the 1880s Kansas.

The teen goes on the run with his long-estranged grandfather, which is played by Baldwin, after the boy is sentenced to hang for the accidental killing of a local rancher.

Production has now been suspended

“The sheriff’s office confirms that two individuals were shot on the set of Rust. Halyna Hutchins, 42, director of photography, and Joel Souza, 48, director, were shot when a prop firearm was discharged by Alec Baldwin, 68, producer and actor,”

the police said in a statement.

According to authorities, Hutchins was transported by helicopter to University of New Mexico Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Mr Souza was taken by ambulance to Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical Center to undergo treatment the injuries that he sustained.

Anthony Lucas is reporter, presenter and social media producer with ticker News. Anthony holds a Bachelor of Professional Communication, with a major in Journalism from RMIT University as well as a Diploma of Arts and Entertainment journalism from Collarts. He’s previously worked for 9 News, ONE FM Radio and Southern Cross Austerio’s Hit Radio Network. 

Continue Reading

Business

Deepfakes are taking over Hollywood

Published

on

Deepfakes are the online phenomenon changing the way in which we consume and trust social media

 
Have you ever scrolled through social media and found a celebrity selling something a bit left of centre?

Chances are you have fallen victim to a deepfake.

These images and videos are a type of artificial intelligence, which promises to create doctored videos, which are almost impossible to tell apart from the real thing.

They have typically been used in pornographic clips and for celebrity endorsements.

Continue Reading

Fame

Prince Harry involved in ‘near catastrophic’ car chase

Published

on

Harry has long spoken out about his anger over press intrusion, which he blames for his mother’s death

Prince Harry, his wife Meghan and her mother were involved in a “near catastrophic car chase” involving paparazzi photographers in New York.

The incident took place after they left the Ms. Foundation for Women, where Meghan was honoured for her work.

“This relentless pursuit, lasting over two hours, resulted in multiple near collisions involving other drivers on the road, pedestrians and two NYPD (New York Police Department) officers,” said Prince Harry’s spokesperson.

The chase involved paparazzi driving on the sidewalk, running red lights and driving while taking pictures.

“I thought that was a bit reckless and irresponsible,” New York Mayor Eric Adams said.

Harry has long spoken out about his anger over press intrusion, which he blames for his mother’s death.

Princess Diana was killed when her limousine crashed as it sped away from chasing paparazzi in Paris in 1997.

Harry and Meghan stepped down from their royal duties in 2020, partly over what they described as intense media harassment.

Harry is currently involved in numerous court cases in London where he has accused papers of using unlawful methods to target him and his family.

Continue Reading

Fame

Tom Hanks open to continuing career with A.I. help

Published

on

Despite the crackdown on A.I., one famous actor has raised the prospect of his career continuing after his death by using the technology

‘Forrest Gump’ and ‘Cast Away’ actor Tom Hanks says new tech could be used to recreate his image to appear in movies “from now until kingdom come”.

Hanks was asked about the legal ramifications of A.I. on a recent podcast with Adam Buxton.

He says talks are being held in the film industry about how to protect actors from the effects of the technology.

Hanks told the host: “I could be hit by a bus tomorrow and that’s it, but performances can go on and on and on and on.”

The award-winning actor acknowledged that tech developments could lead to an AI-generated version of himself appearing in films he may not not normally choose.

Continue Reading
Live Watch Ticker News Live
Advertisement

Trending Now

Copyright © 2023 The Ticker Company PTY LTD