Connect with us
https://tickernews.co/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/AmEx-Thought-Leaders.jpg

News

Uvalde gunman could have been stopped in three minutes

Published

on

The Senate hearing into the Uvalde mass shooting has begun, with one official accusing the commanding officer of putting the lives of his staff above the children’s.

The Director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, Steve McCraw says the police response was an ‘abject failure’, as the shooter took the lives of 19 children and two teachers on that fateful day.

A team of police officers waited one hour and 14 minutes before attempting to rescue those trapped inside the school.

Earlier this week, the first images of armed police entering the Robb Elementary School were released, showing authorities waiting in the corridor with weapons and shields.

The Public Safety chief says the commanding officer was waiting for these rifles, shields and SWAT support before entering the school, but the officers could have entered after just three minutes.

Earlier in June, this apparent on-scene commander told officials he did not consider himself to be in charge, and says he did not order police to hold back.

Many parents and witnesses have expressed deep anger and frustration at how authorities responded to the active shooter situation.

McCraw says the commanding officer was waiting for resources he never needed.

William is an Executive News Producer at TICKER NEWS, responsible for the production and direction of news bulletins. William is also the presenter of the hourly Weather + Climate segment. With qualifications in Journalism and Law (LLB), William previously worked at the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) before moving to TICKER NEWS. He was also an intern at the Seven Network's 'Sunrise'. A creative-minded individual, William has a passion for broadcast journalism and reporting on global politics and international affairs.

Continue Reading

News

U.S. tech giant email systems utilised by Russian hackers

Published

on

Russian government-backed hackers have reportedly exploited access to Microsoft’s email system, stealing correspondence between officials and the tech giant.

Key Points:

  1. Russian government-backed hackers exploited access to Microsoft’s email system, as per a directive from CISA.

  2. The directive warned of hackers using email authentication details to infiltrate Microsoft customer systems, including government agencies.

  3. This follows Microsoft’s acknowledgment of ongoing struggles against intruders named “Midnight Blizzard” and a separate hack attributed to China.

According to an emergency directive from the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) released on Thursday.

The directive, issued on April 2, cautioned that hackers were leveraging email authentication details to infiltrate Microsoft customer systems, including those of unspecified government agencies.

This alarming revelation follows Microsoft’s acknowledgment in March of ongoing struggles against intruders dubbed “Midnight Blizzard.”

The cybersecurity industry’s concerns intensified further with a recent report from the U.S. Cyber Safety Review Board, attributing a separate hack to China and criticising Microsoft for cybersecurity oversights and lack of transparency.

While CISA refrained from naming affected agencies, Microsoft assured collaboration with customers and CISA to investigate and mitigate the breach. The Russian Embassy in Washington, historically denying involvement in hacking activities, did not respond immediately to requests for comment. CISA also cautioned that non-governmental organisations might have been targeted, urging customers to liaise with Microsoft for additional information.

 

Continue Reading

News

Google looks to snap up Hubspot as part of growth strategy

Published

on

Google’s bold bid to acquire HubSpot in a billion-dollar deal has raised eyebrows in the digital marketing industry.

HubSpot, Inc., founded by Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah in 2006, develops software for inbound marketing, sales, and customer service.

The acquisition aims to enhance Google’s marketing tools and potentially benefit small to mid-market businesses with improved solutions.

However, concerns over regulatory hurdles and antitrust issues persist, prompting mixed reactions from investors and industry experts.

Continue Reading

News

Lufthansa halts Tehran flights as U.S. warns of imminent attack

Published

on

In response to escalating tensions in the Middle East, Lufthansa announced the suspension of flights to and from the Iranian capital, Tehran.

This decision follows a previous suspension that was slated to end on April 11 but has now been extended, citing security concerns.

While Lufthansa is the primary airline affected by this decision, its subsidiaries, including Swiss, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, and Eurowings, remain unaffected at this time.

However, the parent company, Deutsche Lufthansa, emphasized that they are closely monitoring the situation in the region and maintaining constant communication with relevant authorities.

“The security and safety of our guests and crew members have top priority for Lufthansa,” stated a spokesperson for the company.

Flights resume

Austrian Airlines, a subsidiary of the Lufthansa Group, continues to operate flights to Tehran, albeit with adjustments.

Crew overnight stays have been suspended until Saturday as a precautionary measure, with the airline ensuring compliance with legal working hours by minimizing ground time in Tehran.

According to an Austrian Airlines spokesperson, flights between Vienna and Tehran will proceed with a delay today, aimed at reducing the time spent on the ground in Iran.

The airline remains vigilant and prepared to adapt its operations as necessary in response to changing circumstances.

READ MORE – The world’s most liveable cities have been revealed

The decision by Lufthansa comes in the wake of warnings from U.S. officials regarding a potential attack by Iran or its proxies on Israel.

The warning follows an airstrike in Damascus, attributed to Israel, which resulted in the death of senior Iranian military personnel. Tehran has openly threatened retaliation against Israel, heightening concerns of further escalation in the region.

Continue Reading
Live Watch Ticker News Live
Advertisement

Trending Now

Copyright © 2024 The Ticker Company