Connect with us
https://tickernews.co/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/AmEx-Thought-Leaders.jpg

News

Donald Trump tries to make a new Twitter – and it doesn’t go to plan

Published

on

Twitter has suspended several accounts this week that had been set up to share statements from a new part of former U.S. President Donald Trump’s website.

Twitter says those accounts broke the platform’s rules against evading an account ban.

Former President Trump has been banned from Twitter, as well as on Facebook and Instagram.

Mr. Trump had more than 88 million followers on Twitter and multiple other social media platforms following the deadly Jan. 6 siege of the U.S. Capitol by his supporters.

On Tuesday, a page was added to Trump’s site, dubbed “From the Desk of Donald J. Trump,” where he posts messages that can be shared by his audience to both Twitter and Facebook.

“As stated in our ban evasion policy, we’ll take enforcement action on accounts whose apparent intent is to replace or promote content affiliated with a suspended account,”

a Twitter spokesman said in a statement.

Will Trump return on social media?

It is still unclear if former President Donald Trump will return to social media.

Facebook’s oversight on Thursday announced the ban on Trump will stay in place – for now.

The former president’s ban from Facebook and Instagram has been upheld by Facebook’s Oversight Board – meaning he will stay banned off the platform at least for now. 

In the landmark decision, the board found that Trump’s actions surrounding the January 6 Capitol riots “severely violated” Facebook’s policies.

It also says Trump’s posts “created an environment where a serious risk of violence was possible.”

However, the board warns that this decision must be reviewed regularly.

Known as the ‘court for facebook’ – they criticized Facebook’s initial moves to make Trump’s blockage “indefinite”.

The board has ordered Facebook to review the decision and “justify a proportionate response” that is applied to everyone, including ordinary users.

And over at the White House, Press Secretary Jen Psaki says the Biden administration will not make any comments on the future of the former President’s account.

So, as it stands the “@realDonaldTrump” Facebook account will continue to stay deactivated – at least for now, but he could always be back in the future.

Anthony Lucas is reporter, presenter and social media producer with ticker News. Anthony holds a Bachelor of Professional Communication, with a major in Journalism from RMIT University as well as a Diploma of Arts and Entertainment journalism from Collarts. He’s previously worked for 9 News, ONE FM Radio and Southern Cross Austerio’s Hit Radio Network. 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Time is running out for Biden’s death penalty abolition

Published

on

President Joe Biden is facing increasing pressure as his administration grapples with the challenge of fulfilling a key 2020 campaign promise – the abolition of the federal death penalty.

The issue has gained renewed attention as the Department of Justice reviews its policies on capital punishment.

Despite initial steps like imposing a moratorium on federal executions, the President’s commitment to a complete abolition faces hurdles in Congress and legal complexities.

Continue Reading

News

What can be learned from the AT&T outage?

Published

on

The outage lasted for several hours and impacted thousands of customers across the United States.

White House national security spokesperson John Kirby said the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security were looking into an AT&T outage that lasted for several hours and impacted thousands of customers across the United States.

AT&T said the hour-long outage to its U.S. cellphone network appeared to be the result of a technical error, not a malicious attack and that the Federal Communications Commission was in touch with the company.

Hugh Odom a former AT&T Attorney and the Founder and President of Vertical Consultants joins Veronica Dudo to discuss. #IN AMERICA TODAY #featured #telecommunications #cellphone #AT&T #AT&Toutage

Continue Reading

News

Extremism top concern for U.S. voters ahead of election

Published

on

Worries over political extremism and threats to democracy have surged to the forefront as the primary concern for U.S. voters, setting the stage for a high-stakes showdown in the upcoming November election.

The three-day Reuters Ipsos poll, which concluded on Sunday, found that 21% of respondents identified “political extremism or threats to democracy” as the nation’s most pressing issue, narrowly edging out concerns about the economy and immigration.

President Joe Biden appears to hold a slight advantage over his predecessor, Donald Trump, in addressing this issue, with 34% of respondents believing Biden has a better approach compared to 31% for Trump.

The findings underscore the deeply polarized political landscape in America, with Democrats prioritizing extremism as the top issue, while Republicans overwhelmingly focus on immigration.

Independent voters

The poll also highlights the pivotal role of independent voters, with nearly a third citing extremism as their primary concern, followed closely by immigration and the economy.

This suggests that the handling of extremism could significantly influence voter behavior in the upcoming election.

The rise of extremism as a top concern comes amid ongoing political turmoil, with Trump continuing to challenge the legitimacy of U.S. institutions and perpetuate false claims of election fraud.

His rhetoric has not only fueled division but also incited violence, as seen in the January 6, 2021, assault on the U.S. Capitol.

Continue Reading
Live Watch Ticker News Live
Advertisement

Trending Now

Copyright © 2023 The Ticker Company