Connect with us
https://tickernews.co/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/AmEx-Thought-Leaders.jpg

News

Why did the U.S block the UN from enforcing an official ceasefire?

Published

on

The violence in Gaza has officially come to an end as the ceasefire agreement reached between Israel and Hamas officially came into force on Friday morning.

“The question becomes – Why is it that the United States blocked the UN from enforcing an official ceasefire,” Andray Domise, Editor at Maclean’s Magazine, said on tickerNEWS.

The U.S blocked a joint statement calling for an immediate ceasefire between Israel and Hamas, reportedly five times, before the offical ceasefire came into action.

“It’s very good the hostility has come to a close, but it doesn’t mean the conditions within Palestine have changed”

What’s happening with the ceasefire?

Israel’s security council says the end of the 11-day conflict with the Hamas militants was proposed by Egypt and will be “mutual and unconditional”.

It follows US President Joe Biden yesterday putting pressure on Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to bring an end to the violence immediately.

Biden has applauded the moves to end the violence and has vowed to continue with “quiet, relentless diplomacy”.

The President of Egypt provided to security delegations who will work to uphold the ceasefire.

The impact of the conflict has been immense, the violence between Israel and Hamas has been described by man as the worst in decades.

What will happen after the ceasefire?

Andray Domise on the conditions in palestine

Domise says there needs to be more than “just a restructure of Gaza”

“Regardless of whatever treaties are signed… the annexations continue.”

Previously, Egypt was able to broker on behalf of the Palestinians. However, after Arab Springs, “there is less of an interest to stand with the people of Gaza”, Domise adds.

“It’s almost as if the Palestinian people have fewer and fewer friends in the region as time goes on.”

“Netanyahu has been incredibly antagonistic towards the Palestinian people” As Israel & Hamas agree to a ceasefire.

Domise says peace won’t be restored until the @IsraeliPM and those who are in his Government leave politics.

Is there a social media war on how the conflict is being played out online?

Andrew Selepak, Media Professor at the University of Florida says social media impacts how we see world events, including the unfolding situation between Israel and Hamas.

University of Florida Professor @aselepak
breaks down why it’s so problematic.

“There is a lot of potential for false information…. that potentially is going to lead to more conflict.”

When did the conflict between Israel and Hamas start?

The fighting began on the 10th of May.

Tensions were brought to a head at a holy site revered by both Jews and Muslims

At least 232 people have lost their lives in Gaza, 100 of whom are women and children

12 Israelis died, this figure includes two children.

Around 4,000 rockets were fired by Hamas militants into Israeli territory

ticker’s Adrian Franklin details footage from Gaza showing citizens celebrating the end of the conflict.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Jesse Baird and Luke Davies – Two bodies discovered in search for missing Sydney couple

Published

on

In a tragic turn of events, two bodies have been found in the search for missing Sydney couple Jesse Baird and Luke Davies, who were allegedly murdered by a serving police officer.

The grim discovery comes after days of intense searching across multiple crime scenes, culminating in the retrieval of the couple’s remains near a remote property approximately two hours south of Sydney on Tuesday afternoon.

Detective Superintendent Danny Doherty said during a press conference that homicide squads opened a new crime scene in Bungonia, which was about 20 minutes from the original crime scene.

‘There were two surf bags that have been found,’ he said.

‘And some debris and other items of interest of significance that are located.

‘And at that stage it was declared a crime scene and immediately the family were informed of the development.’

He also said Lamarre-Condon revealed where the bodies were located after he received legal advice.

It was the first time he cooperated with police during the investigation.

Prior to becoming a police officer, Lamarre-Condon was a celebrity blogger

‘We are very confident we have located Luke and Jesse,’ she said.

‘Today, this afternoon, detectives attached to Strike Force Ashfordby located a second crime scene in Bungonia which is a separate scene which they had been searching yesterday and earlier.’

The unfolding tragedy began to unravel when Senior Constable Beau Lamarre-Condon was charged with the murder of Channel 10 personality Mr. Baird, with whom he reportedly had a brief romantic involvement, and Mr. Davies.

The young couple is believed to have been shot dead at a residence in Paddington on February 19.

Assisting police

Following the discovery of bloodied clothing and personal items belonging to the couple in a skip bin in Cronulla, a manhunt was launched on February 20.

Despite initial resistance, Lamarre-Condon eventually surrendered to authorities at Bondi Police Station on February 23.

Police allege that Lamarre-Condon’s predatory behavior towards Mr. Baird escalated following their breakup in late 2023.

Furthermore, evidence uncovered by investigators, including blood and a bullet cartridge matching the constable’s service weapon, suggests a meticulously planned attempt to conceal the murders and dispose of the victims’ bodies.

Detectives say Lamarre-Condon assisted police with locating the bodies during an interview on Tuesday.

“He was forthcoming about the location of the two people.”

“What we will allege is the accused went back to the property and moved those bodies to the current location.”

Various locations

The van allegedly utilised by Lamarre-Condon to transport the victims’ remains was tracked to various locations, including the crime scene in Paddington and a property in Bungonia, before ultimately being located in Sydney’s southern suburbs.

Detectives assert that Lamarre-Condon also purchased tools and equipment, such as an angle grinder and weights, in further efforts to cover up the crimes.

Despite the constable’s initial refusal to cooperate with authorities in locating the bodies, information provided by Lamarre-Condon eventually led to the discovery of the couple’s remains near the remote property in Bungonia. The tragic end to the search for Jesse Baird and Luke Davies serves as a sobering reminder of the complexities and challenges inherent in law enforcement investigations.

 

Continue Reading

News

After string of flops, Disney’s live action movie head departs

Published

on

Disney has announced that Sean Bailey, the head of its live-action movies division, will be stepping down from his position.

The news comes as part of an executive shuffle within the entertainment giant, with Bailey’s successor named as David Greenbaum, former co-president of Disney’s Searchlight Pictures.

Greenbaum will assume the role of president of Disney live action and 20th Century Studios.

The decision to appoint Greenbaum to this newly created position is aimed at fostering greater collaboration within Disney’s production slate.

The move aligns with the company’s strategy to streamline operations and enhance efficiency across its various divisions.

Activist investors

The reshuffle at Disney comes at a time when the company is facing pressure from activist investors.

Notably, activist Nelson Peltz has urged Disney to focus on improving streaming margins and to undertake a review of its creative processes to enhance output from its studios.

Despite the change in leadership, Searchlight Pictures, under the leadership of President Matthew Greenfield, will continue its operations. Greenfield assumed the presidency alongside Greenbaum in 2021.

In the wake of his departure from his executive role, Bailey will remain involved with Disney as a producer on upcoming projects, including the highly anticipated “Tron: Ares” movie.

The announcement of Bailey’s departure and Greenbaum’s appointment underscores Disney’s commitment to adapting to the evolving entertainment landscape and maximizing its creative potential.

Continue Reading

News

Is China’s space rise a challenge to the U.S?

Published

on

As China accelerates its space program, the U.S. finds itself navigating uncharted territory, grappling with the implications of an emerging space power.

The space arena, once dominated by the U.S., is witnessing a paradigm shift.

China’s advancements include the successful deployment of advanced satellites, groundbreaking research in space weaponry, and the establishment of a lunar base. #featured #ticker today

Continue Reading
Live Watch Ticker News Live
Advertisement

Trending Now

Copyright © 2023 The Ticker Company