Connect with us
https://tickernews.co/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/AmEx-Thought-Leaders.jpg

Money

European companies turn to China

Published

on

Shenzhen, China.

European companies are developing ties with China, and moving their supply chains onshore.

Around 60 per cent of European companies are planning to expand their China operations this year – up from 51 per cent. Over 585 respondents took part in the questionnaire through the European Chamber of Commerce. Businesses answered questions about their recovery from COVID-19.

European companies said China’s resilience and recovery from the pandemic made the nation an important source of profits and growth.

In all, half the respondents said profits in China were higher than the global average – 38 per cent high than a year earlier.

“The resilience of China’s market provided much-needed shelter for European companies amidst the storm of the Covid-19 pandemic.”

THE SURVEY REPORT

BMW AG and French company, LVMH SE are some of the companies who have turned to China since the pandemic.

Three-quarters of all survey respondents reported a profit in the last year. Meanwhile 14 per cent broke even, which was around the same as previous data.

Onshoring operations

Around a quarter of surveyed companies are onshoring their operations. But nine per cent of companies are actually thinking about moving their investments out, the lowest on record.

Charlotte Roule, from the European Chamber of Commerce said companies are thinking more about their supply chains.

“The main point is to develop supply chain as much as possible here, as far as it’s possible, to provide what’s needed for the market here,” she said.

But 40 per cent of surveyed European companies said China’s business environment had become more political in the past year alone.

China’s President, Xi Jinping recently called for Chinese officials to create more favourable relationships with Europe and the United States.

Costa is a news producer at ticker NEWS. He has previously worked as a regional journalist at the Southern Highlands Express newspaper. He also has several years' experience in the fire and emergency services sector, where he has worked with researchers, policymakers and local communities. He has also worked at the Seven Network during their Olympic Games coverage and in the ABC Melbourne newsroom. He also holds a Bachelor of Arts (Professional), with expertise in journalism, politics and international relations. His other interests include colonial legacies in the Pacific, counter-terrorism, aviation and travel.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Money

AI pushes the Nasdaq to a record-breaking close

Published

on

The Nasdaq achieved a record-breaking close, surpassing its previous record high of 16,057.44, which was established on November 21, 2021.

Artificial assistance

Artificial intelligence-related technology stocks, such as Nvidia (NVDA.O) and Microsoft (MSFT.O), have greatly boosted the index.

The Nasdaq Composite has increased by almost 7.2% this year.

The tech-focused index surged 43% in 2023, and as chipmakers gained traction and confidence increased that the Fed might achieve a soft landing—that is, curb inflation without inciting a recession—stocks surged strongly by year-end.

In contrast, Nvidia increased by 1.9% on Thursday, bringing its total gain from a year ago to around 250%.

Market boom

Every S&P 500 subs sector saw a gain at the end of the month.

Analysts at Deutsche Bank report that the index has now increased for 16 of the past 18 weeks, matching the record most winning weeks last attained in 1971.

Bitcoin also moved closer to its all-time high.

The price of the virtual currency momentarily surpassed $64,000 as spot bitcoin ETFs helped drive it to heights last seen in 2021.

Continue Reading

Money

Disney sign off on mega merger with India’s largest conglomerate

Published

on

India’s top conglomerate Reliance Industries and Walt Disney announced the merger of their India TV and streaming media assets, forming an $8.5 billion entertainment juggernaut.

Disney, Reliance sign non-binding agreement for India’s largest media conglomerate

Reliance, led by Asia’s richest man, Mukesh Ambani, will inject $1.4 billion in the merged entity, with the company and its affiliates holding a more than 63% stake, with Disney owning the rest, the companies said in a joint statement.

Mukesh Ambani, Reliance’s multimillionaire CEO

Media rivals

With two streaming platforms and 120 TV channels, the combined company will be a formidable opponent for competitors like Netflix and Sony of Japan in the $28 billion media and entertainment market, which is expected to grow to $100 billion by the end of the decade.

Disney’s lengthy battle to stop users from leaving its collapsing Indian streaming service and the financial burden resulting from billion-dollar payments for Indian cricket rights before the deal, providing yet another illustration of how difficult it can be for Western companies to expand in India.

Ultimate alliance

“The combined entity will create a sports behemoth in India,” stated Jinesh Joshi, an analyst at Prabhudas Lilladher in India.

“This merger will give Reliance great bargaining power when it comes to negotiating advertisement contracts … For Disney, coming together with a bigger player, in terms of (financial) pockets, will give it a cash cushion,” he continued.

According to the corporations, the combined company will serve the approximately 750 million viewers in India as well as the Indian diaspora worldwide.

According to Disney CEO Bog Iger’s statement, “Reliance has a deep understanding of the Indian market and consumer,” and the acquisition will enable “us to better serve consumers with a broad portfolio of digital services, entertainment, and sports.”

Continue Reading

Money

Warner Bros Discovery plans to shutdown popular NZ news network

Published

on

One of New Zealand’s two free-to-air television networks claimed it will be shutting down all newsroom operations, television news broadcasts and website from June 30, with the loss of up to 200 media jobs.

The once-thriving network, which had been a staple in the New Zealand entertainment industry, is now facing financial turmoil, sending shockwaves through the media landscape.

Warner Bros Discovery, who own the NZ news network, stated the decision comes following further attempts to reduce costs and that meant major changes including the planned shut down of the newsroom.

Continue Reading
Live Watch Ticker News Live
Advertisement

Trending Now

Copyright © 2023 The Ticker Company