Connect with us
https://tickernews.co/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/AmEx-Thought-Leaders.jpg

News

Auckland authorities busted a Melbourne family breaching travel bubble rules

Published

on

Three Melbourne residents have been caught trying to get into New Zealand during Victoria’s coronavirus lockdown.

Australia and New Zealand still have a travel bubble arrangement in place, however, travel from Victoria was “paused” last month after the latest coronavirus outbreak began.

Authorities say they drove to Sydney from Melbourne and boarded a flight to Auckland.

The three were identified when they arrived into New Zealand and were immediately transferred to a managed isolation facility in Auckland where they will remain for a 14-day period

New Zealand has paused its travel bubble with the Australian state of Victoria.

The country’s covid-19 response minister says quarantine-free travel will be paused while the source of Melbourne’s recent community cases is investigated.

The suspension will come into effect from 7.59PM local time tonight and will last for 72 hours.

The New Zealand Government says it “understands the disruption this will temporarily cause affected passengers. It was a close call but the correct one given the current unknowns.”

Anthony Lucas is reporter, presenter and social media producer with ticker News. Anthony holds a Bachelor of Professional Communication, with a major in Journalism from RMIT University as well as a Diploma of Arts and Entertainment journalism from Collarts. He’s previously worked for 9 News, ONE FM Radio and Southern Cross Austerio’s Hit Radio Network. 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Julian Assange’s last stand before extradition

Published

on

Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks, is allegedly being targeted by the United States government and former President Donald Trump for his role in exposing classified information.

According to Assange’s lawyer, this targeting is a result of the controversial revelations made by WikiLeaks, which have often put the U.S. government in a precarious position.

Assange, who has been residing in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London to avoid extradition, now faces renewed concerns about his safety and legal battles.

Continue Reading

News

Qantas appoints new Chairman amid board renewal

Published

on

Qantas Airways has announced significant changes to its board, including the appointment of John Mullen as the new chairman, as part of its ongoing renewal strategy following a tumultuous period for the airline.

John Mullen, former chairman of Telstra, will assume the role of chairman of Qantas’ board, succeeding Richard Goyder.

John Mullen, former chairman of Telstra.

Mullen will officially join the board as a non-executive director and chairman-elect on July 1, with plans to take on the chairman’s responsibilities ahead of the company’s annual general meeting in October.

In addition to Mullen’s appointment, Dr. Nora Scheinkestel will also join the board as a non-executive director and chair of the remuneration committee effective March 1, 2024.

Read more – how to land a job at Cathay Pacific

Richard Goyder, outgoing chairman of Qantas, remarked that these changes mark a new chapter for the airline following a period of significant challenges, including the early resignation of former CEO Alan Joyce and Goyder’s own decision to step down.

Goyder expressed confidence in Mullen’s ability to lead Qantas into its next phase, citing Mullen’s extensive experience as a director and chairman of large and complex companies, as well as his distinguished executive career in the transport sector both domestically and internationally.

“These changes reflect a new chapter for Qantas, and John brings a wealth of experience that makes him the right choice to lead the national carrier into its next phase,” stated Goyder.

The announcement comes amidst ongoing efforts by Qantas to navigate the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic and reshape its operations to adapt to changing market dynamics.

Continue Reading

News

Google goes rogue as search engine falls short?

Published

on

In the digital era, where instant access to information is the norm, Google has emerged as the go-to source for swift answers. However, a recent study has raised a cautionary flag, suggesting that the top search result on Google may not always be the most reliable or accurate.

Dr. Karen Sutherland from USC sheds light on the factors influencing Google search result rankings, emphasizing the importance of users exercising caution to avoid being misled by potentially inaccurate information. The interview explores the role of search engine optimization (SEO) in determining rankings, questions the reliability of the top search result as an indicator of accuracy, and delves into strategies for increasing awareness about the limitations of search engines. As we navigate the vast digital landscape, a critical eye and awareness are essential tools to discern the accuracy of the information provided by the seemingly omnipotent search engine.

Continue Reading
Live Watch Ticker News Live
Advertisement

Trending Now

Copyright © 2023 The Ticker Company