Connect with us
https://tickernews.co/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/AmEx-Thought-Leaders.jpg

News

“Astonishing escalation” – Security tightened in Moscow

Published

on

Russia is set to prosecute mercenary boss Yevgeny Prigozhin for armed mutiny after he accused military leaders of killing 2,000 of his fighters.

Russian generals call for Wagner troops to “come to their senses”

Russian generals released videos urging Wagner Group troops to lay down their arms “before it’s too late.”

A video posted online by Gen. Sergey Surovikin, who led all Russian forces in Ukraine until January, called Prigozhin an “enemy” who is “waiting for the domestic political situation in our country to worsen.” Russian soldiers and Wagner mercenaries, meanwhile, “are of the same blood,” he added.

Those marching on Russia needed to “obey the will and order of the popularly elected president of the Russian Federation, stop the columns, return them to their permanent deployment points and concentration areas, solve all problems only by peaceful means,” Surovikin said.

Another video posted online described the actions as a “stab in the back of the country and the president” by Gen. Vladimir Alekseev.

As a fighter alongside them since 2014, he urged them to come to their senses.

“This is a coup d’état,” he said.

There is now the possibility of a confrontation between Wagner’s mercenaries and Russian troops, analysts say.

Yevgeny Prigozhin said the “evil” in the military leadership must be stopped and vowed to “march for justice”.

It represents an escalation of infighting inside Russia more than a year after the war in Ukraine began.

In an audio message posted to the social media platform Telegram, he said “huge numbers” of his fighters had been killed in a strike by the Russian military.

“Those who killed our lads, and tens of thousands of lives of Russian soldiers [in the war in Ukraine] will be punished,” he said.

“I ask you not to resist. Anyone who does will be considered a threat and destroyed. That goes for any checkpoints and aviation on our way.

“Presidential power, the government, the police and Russian guard will work as usual.

“This is not a military coup, but a march of justice. Our actions do not interfere with the troops in any way.”

“Tanks on the streets”

There is an increased military presence on the streets of Moscow amid tensions with the Wagner Group.

Senior American intelligence official tells Jim LaPorta, a reporter at The Messenger, that Wagner Group is preparing to mobilize and it is believed they want to ‘head towards Moscow’

As a long-running standoff between him and the Defence Ministry appeared to come to a head late on Friday, the ministry issued a statement denying Prigozhin’s accusations and denouncing them as “informational provocation.”

Kyiv, meanwhile, said the major thrust in its counteroffensive against Moscow’s invasion had yet to be launched. “The main blow is still to come,” Deputy Defence Minister Hanna Maliar told Ukrainian television.

A top Ukrainian general reported “tangible successes” in advances in the south – one of two main theatres of operations, along with eastern Ukraine.

Growing resentment

Russian forces there have been fighting alongside mercenaries from the Wagner private military company, whose leader Prigozhin vowed to stop what he called the Russian military’s “evil”. He denied his actions amounted to a coup.

However, Russia’s FSB security service opened a criminal case against him for calling for an armed mutiny, the TASS news agency said, citing the National Anti-terrorism Committee.

Russian President Vladimir Putin was briefed on the developments and “necessary measures are being taken”, Interfax news agency said, citing Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov.

Security was stepped up on Friday night at government buildings, transport facilities and other key locations in Moscow, the state news agency TASS reported, citing a source at a security service.

“Obey the President”

The deputy commander of Russia’s Ukraine campaign, General Sergei Surovikin, told Wagner fighters to obey Putin, accept Moscow’s commanders and return to their bases. He said political deterioration would play into the hands of Russia’s enemies.

“I urge you to stop,” Surovikin said in a video posted on Telegram, his right hand resting on a rifle.

The standoff, many of the details of which remained unclear, looked like the biggest domestic crisis Putin has faced since he sent thousands of troops into Ukraine in February last year.

The Kremlin has also said “necessary measures are being taken”, according to Russian news agency Interfax.

News

UK police seek former aides’ insights on Prince Andrew

UK police contact ex-protection officers of Prince Andrew amid misconduct investigation linked to Jeffrey Epstein allegations

Published

on

UK police contact ex-protection officers of Prince Andrew amid misconduct investigation linked to Jeffrey Epstein allegations

video
play-sharp-fill
In Short:
– Police seek former protection officers of Prince Andrew for info on alleged Epstein-related offences.
– Authorities consider removing Mountbatten-Windsor from royal succession after investigation conclusions.
British police are reaching out to former protection officers of Prince Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor following his recent arrest related to allegations of misconduct in a public office.
The police have urged anyone with information about potential sex offences connected to Jeffrey Epstein to come forward.Authorities are considering legislative measures to remove Mountbatten-Windsor from the royal succession line once the investigation concludes. Any changes would require consultation with other realms where King Charles is head of state.

Banner

The recent allegations stem from claims that Mountbatten-Windsor shared confidential government documents with Epstein during his time as a trade envoy. The London Metropolitan Police is now identifying former officers who may assist in the ongoing investigation and has encouraged them to share any pertinent information.

Mountbatten-Windsor has denied wrongdoing in the Epstein matter.

In 2022, he settled a civil lawsuit filed in the U.S. by Virginia Giuffre, who accused him of sexual abuse. Reports indicated he paid her approximately £12 million, a claim he denies.

Police Investigation

London authorities are reassessing previous decisions not to pursue criminal investigations related to Epstein’s activities.

Recent document releases from the U.S. government have prompted police to explore allegations of human trafficking involving Epstein at UK airports.

Police have been actively searching Mountbatten-Windsor’s residences as part of their investigation. His arrest marks an unprecedented event in modern royal history, raising significant public interest and concern in various countries.


Download the Ticker app

Continue Reading

News

Supreme Court strikes down Trump’s tariffs, plans 10% global levy

Trump vows new 10% global tariff after Supreme Court rules against his previous tariffs, calling the decision ‘deeply disappointing’

Published

on

Trump vows new 10% global tariff after Supreme Court rules against his previous tariffs, calling the decision ‘deeply disappointing’

video
play-sharp-fill
In Short:
– The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that Trump lacks authority for tariffs without Congress support.
– Over 1,000 refund lawsuits from importers complicate the tariff issue, particularly for smaller businesses.
The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled against President Donald Trump’s tariff policies, stating he lacks the authority to impose tariffs without clear congressional support. Trump expressed disappointment and plans to implement a new 10% global tariff under different legal provisions.
Economists estimate more than $175 billion is at risk of refunds related to previously established tariffs, with potential litigations expected to last several years.Trump’s administration faces over 1,000 refund lawsuits from importers in the Court of International Trade, which ruled it can grant refunds to affected businesses. Each importer may need to pursue individual lawsuits, complicating the process, especially for smaller businesses that could find the financial burden prohibitive.

Banner

Learning Resources Inc., a toy company led by Rick Woldenberg, has contested these tariffs, potentially qualifying for refunds. Woldenberg hopes the Supreme Court ruling will initiate reflection on necessary economic adjustments.

Economic Impact

Economists suggest consumers may not notice significant changes due to persistent tariffs on numerous products. U.S. Treasury estimates predict the deputy’s revenue will remain largely unchanged despite Trump’s new plans to increase tariffs through other channels, specifically under Sections 122 and 301 of the Trade Act.

Trump’s forthcoming address to Congress is expected to address the implications of this ruling, which notably undermines a fundamental aspect of his trade agenda.

Despite past assurances regarding reform, uncertainties remain for both businesses and consumers as the administration explores future tariff strategies.


Download the Ticker app

Continue Reading

News

Bill Gates withdraws from India AI Impact Summit before keynote

Bill Gates withdraws from India’s AI Impact Summit amid renewed scrutiny over past ties to Jeffrey Epstein.

Published

on

Bill Gates withdraws from India’s AI Impact Summit amid renewed scrutiny over past ties to Jeffrey Epstein.

Bill Gates has withdrawn from India’s AI Impact Summit just hours before his keynote, as scrutiny grows over his past ties to Jeffrey Epstein following the release of US Justice Department emails.

The summit has faced criticism over organisational issues and traffic disruptions, drawing attention away from its mission. Despite the chaos, it has secured over $200 billion in investment commitments, including a major pledge from Reliance Industries.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi used the platform to stress the importance of protecting children in the rapidly evolving world of AI.

Subscribe to never miss an episode of Ticker – https://www.youtube.com/@weareticker


Download the Ticker app

Continue Reading

Trending Now