Connect with us
https://tickernews.co/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/AmEx-Thought-Leaders.jpg

News

Sydney church horror: Stabbing rocks Wakeley community

Published

on

A man has been arrested after a bishop was stabbed at Christ the Good Shepherd Church in Wakeley.

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel was preaching at Christ The Good Shepherd Church in Wakeley in Sydney’s west on Monday just after 7pm when a man dressed in black walked up to the altar and allegedly stabbed him multiple times.

Police declare Sydney church sermon stabbing a terror attack

Eyewitnesses described scenes of chaos and terror as an assailant approached the altar where Bishop Emmanuel was delivering a sermon.

Chstbrl Saliba, the Deputy Mayor of Fairfield, told Sky News that after the attack, the Bishop got to his feet, and placed his hand on the head of the assailant and began praying for him.

NSW Police said in a statement:

“A police operation is underway in Wakeley, following reports of a stabbing. Officers attached to Fairfield City Police Area Command attended a location on Welcome Street, Wakeley following reports a number of people were stabbed. Officers arrested a male and he is assisting police with inquiries.”

2GB Radio host Ben Fordham says the situation is so chaotic outside the church that police have had to use capsicum spray outside of the church. One woman has been treated.

Fordham says police are concerned about the volatile situation outside the church.

Without warning, the attacker unleashed a flurry of stabs, targeting the bishop and several worshippers in a frenzied assault.

Horrifying footage captured the moment of the attack, as the live broadcast on the church’s social media pages captured the unfolding tragedy.

Bishop Emmanuel’s expression of astonishment turned to one of sheer horror as he became the primary target of the assailant’s vicious blows.

NSW ambulance has confirmed at least one person has been taken to hospital.

The assault at Christ the Good Shepherd Church echoes previous instances of mass violence that have rocked Sydney in recent years, after six people were killed by a man at Bondi.

Ahron Young is an award winning journalist who has covered major news events around the world. Ahron is the Managing Editor and Founder of TICKER NEWS.

Continue Reading

News

Shoppers cut back this Black Friday as budgets tighten

UK shoppers are tightening budgets for Black Friday, expecting to spend £622—4% less than last year—favoring discounts.

Published

on

UK shoppers are tightening budgets for Black Friday, expecting to spend £622—4% less than last year—favoring discounts.


Shoppers across the UK are revising their Black Friday game plan, tightening their budgets as economic pressures reshape spending behaviour. Many are approaching the sales season far more cautiously than before.

Consumers expect to spend an average of £622 this year — a 4% drop from last year — with many relying on discounts and promotions to stretch their budgets. Value is king, with 38% of shoppers saying they’ll only buy items that are at least 50% off.

Rising inflation and income disruptions are adding pressure, and even higher-income households plan to scale back spending across Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Brands and retailers will need to work harder to earn every pound this shopping season.

Subscribe to never miss an episode of Ticker – https://www.youtube.com/@weareticker

#BlackFriday2025 #HolidayShopping #ConsumerTrends #CostOfLiving #CyberMonday #RetailNews #ShoppingDeals #UKEconomy


Download the Ticker app

Continue Reading

News

National Guard ambush: Afghan man charged after D.C. shooting

Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal arrested for shooting two National Guard members; FBI probes potential terrorism link.

Published

on

Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal arrested for shooting two National Guard members; FBI probes potential terrorism link.


An Afghan national, Rahmanullah Lakanwal, has been arrested after allegedly shooting two National Guard members in Washington, D.C. Authorities say Lakanwal previously worked with CIA-backed military units in Afghanistan before coming to the United States.

The victims, Sarah Beckstrom and Andrew Wolfe, remain in critical condition. Officials warn that if either victim dies, the charges could escalate to first-degree murder as the investigation intensifies.

The FBI is now examining the case as a potential act of terrorism, while the Department of Homeland Security has announced a review of all asylum cases approved under the Biden administration.

Subscribe to never miss an episode of Ticker – https://www.youtube.com/@weareticker

#WashingtonDC #NationalGuard #BreakingNews #USPolitics #FBIInvestigation #TerrorProbe #AsylumReview #TickerNews


Download the Ticker app

Continue Reading

News

Hong Kong construction bosses arrested after city’s deadliest fire in decades

Hong Kong arrests construction bosses after deadly fire kills 83; 279 still missing as investigation intensifies.

Published

on

Hong Kong arrests construction bosses after deadly fire kills 83; 279 still missing as investigation intensifies.


Hong Kong has been shaken by the arrest of construction company bosses following the city’s most devastating fire in almost 80 years, which claimed at least 83 lives. The blaze erupted at the Wang Fuk Court housing complex in Tai Po, where renovation work was underway.

Authorities report that more than 4,600 residents lived in the high-rise blocks, with most victims found within two of the towers. Shockingly, 279 people remain unaccounted for nearly 24 hours after the fire first broke out.

The Hong Kong government has announced a HK$300 million emergency fund to support survivors and affected residents. Meanwhile, police are deepening their investigation, seizing documents and equipment from the company’s headquarters.

Subscribe to never miss an episode of Ticker – https://www.youtube.com/@weareticker

#HongKong #BreakingNews #AsiaNews #FireInvestigation #ConstructionNews #GlobalNews #TickerNews #WorldUpdates


Download the Ticker app

Continue Reading

Trending Now