America’s aviation watchdog has discovered problems with undelivered Boeing Dreamliners
The Federal Aviation Administration has revealed that some undelivered Boeing 787 Dreamliners have a new manufacturing quality issue impacting the nose of the aircraft.
The issues will likely further delay deliveries of the popular wide-body jets.
The FAA says the issue is “near the nose on certain 787 Dreamliners in the company’s inventory of undelivered airplanes. This issue was discovered as part of the ongoing system-wide inspection of Boeing’s 787 shimming processes required by the FAA.”
The FAA added that “although the issue poses no immediate threat to flight safety, Boeing has committed to fix these airplanes before resuming deliveries.” The air regulators added after a review of data it “will determine whether similar modifications should be made on 787s already in commercial service.”
Boeing plans to address and fix the issue before the planes will be delivered
The aircraft manufacturing company has about 100 undelivered 787s in inventory.
Boeing suspended deliveries of the 787 in late May after the FAA raised concerns about its proposed inspection method, saying it was “waiting for additional data from Boeing before determining whether the company’s solution meets safety regulations.”
The FAA in May had issued two airworthiness directives to address production issues for in-service airplanes.
Boeing’s turbulant past
The U.S. planemaker’s 737 MAX and 787 have been afflicted by electrical and other issues since late last year, and it had only resumed deliveries of the 787s in March after a five-month hiatus – only to halt them again in May.
Two key U.S. lawmakers said in May they were seeking records from Boeing and the FAA on production issues involving the 737 MAX and 787 Dreamliner.
2500 employees to be stood down from Qantas
About 2500 frontline Qantas and Jetstar employees will be stood down for two months
It comes as the airline struggles to deal with lockdowns in states across Australia.
The national carrier says the stand-down is a temporary measure to deal with a drop in flying caused by COVID restrictions in Sydney, – which is its home base.
No job losses are expected as part of the move.
In a statement, Qantas CEO Alan Joyce says:
“This is clearly the last thing we want to do, but we’re now faced with an extended period of reduced flying and that means no work for a number of our people.”
“We’ve absorbed a significant amount of cost since these recent lockdowns started and continued paying our people their full rosters despite thousands of cancelled flights.“
Qantas said it welcomed the targeted Federal Government support offered for those stood down outside of declared hotspots and to retain domestic aviation capability.
Outside the square – Twitter CEO’s grand plans for Afterpay
Jack Dorsey has used Square’s quarterly earnings call to outline his company’s future and convince shareholders to support the $39billion dollar Afterpay takeover bid
Dorsey believes bringing Afterpay into business operations will increase e-commerce activity across both platforms and further entice young shoppers to spend up.
It plans to takeover Afterpay in a deal that values the Australian company at $39 billion. That makes it the biggest buyout deal so far in Australian corporate history.
The Twitter founder says Afterpay has a unique advantage in the buy now, pay later sector because it was the first on the scene and it has been built up “authentically”.
Following the takeover announcement, Square’s shares fell by 5 percent when compared with trading on Friday, as investors made sense of the deal.
However, after Dorsey’s pitch at the quarterly earnings call, Squares shares were up 6 percent from Friday.
It comes as shareholders voice their concerns that Square is failing to bring merchants and retail users together… and questioning how Afterpay will create value for the company.
James Whelan of VFS Group weighed in on whether Afterpay is in fact authentic.
‘Jungle Cruise’ tallies $34.2 million in domestic debut, reaches Disney+ record
After Disney struggled during the past few weeks, the studios latest feature film “Jungle Cruise” opened to $61 million dollars worldwide.
The film was also released on Disney Plus’ Premier Access and brought in over $30 million globally on the platform.
Overall, the film, which is based on the beloved Disney theme park ride, notched more than $90 million.
The “Jungle Cruise” opening is also notable because it comes just a few days after Scarlett Johansson filed a lawsuit against Disney.
Lilium takes to Brazillian skies after signing $1 billion deal with Azul
The right startup funding choice with Bourkehood
Global climate emergency to kill 83 million people by 2100
What is happening between SHIB and Vitalik? | TICKER VIEWS
Move over Dogecoin, SHIB coin is here
Australia blocks UNESCO from ruling the Great Barrier Reef as “in danger” from climate change
Trending on Ticker
Global Politics1 day ago
Bipartisan vote means US infrastructure bill is likely to pass
Business23 hours ago
US payment giant to buy Afterpay in multi-billion dollar deal
Climate18 hours ago
5B : Why this is an answer to the climate crisis
Media1 day ago
Greens Senator calls for inquiry into Sky News Aus for spreading misinformation
Ticker Views3 days ago
Why Tokyo 2020 is changing the way we watch TV | ticker VIEWS
Global Politics4 days ago
New China virus outbreak worst since Wuhan
Global Politics4 days ago
Capitol rioters have started a jail newsletter
Business19 hours ago
Popular sunscreen brand recalled due to “cancer risk”