Connect with us
https://tickernews.co/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/AmEx-Thought-Leaders.jpg

News

White House reveals ‘evolving intelligence’ as Biden jets to Europe

Published

on

US President Joe Biden says Vladimir Putin is strongly considering deploying chemical weapons in his invasion of neighbouring Ukraine

Biden says Moscow is leaning on false claims that Kyiv is storing its own biological and chemical weapons setting up new false flags as a pretext to using its own.

The US President was speaking at a Business Round Table Event where he also spoke of these uncertain times and the future emergence of a “New World Order”

It comes as the White House delivers its strongest indication yet that Russia is exploring the use of cyber-attacks, potentially targeting critical infrastructure.

The Biden administration is pledging to “use every tool to deter, disrupt, and respond to cyberattacks”, but warns the Federal Government “can’t defend against this threat alone.”

Officials are urging all businesses to bolster their defences and prepare for any eventuality.

Ticker News spoke with a former U.S. Department of Homeland Security official who says businesses need to urgently ramp up their safeguards.

This all comes as Biden prepares to travel to Europe to meet with fellow world leaders.

According to the United States, Russian forces have also begun to use hypersonic missiles, all in an attempt to evade Ukrainian defence systems.

Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky says his country will never bow down to Russian aggression and cities like Kyiv, Mariupol or Kharkiv will not accept Russian occupation.

In the capital of Kyiv, at least eight people have died after a shopping centre was targeted in an attack, as an official death toll is determined.

A shopping centre and the adjacent parking lot caught fire following Russian shelling, with 63 firefighters working to extinguish the blaze.

Kyiv’s Prosecutor General says an enemy missile strike and resulting fire is the reason behind the destruction and chaos.

It’s feared the number of fatalities will only continue to rise.

Ukraine refused an offer to surrender the key port city of Mariupol on Monday, after Russian forces offered safe passageway to civilians if the city was handed over.

This is leading to an evergrowing humanitarian crisis, with residents left trapped without access to basic supplies like food and water.

The port city has been under near-constant attack from Russian forces since early March… with reports up to 90 percent of its building have now been damaged.

Russia has reportedly been targeting civilians during its attacks on the area, with the European Union’s top diplomat describing the situation on the ground as a “war crime”.

Continue Reading

News

Shoppers cut back this Black Friday as budgets tighten

UK shoppers are tightening budgets for Black Friday, expecting to spend £622—4% less than last year—favoring discounts.

Published

on

UK shoppers are tightening budgets for Black Friday, expecting to spend £622—4% less than last year—favoring discounts.


Shoppers across the UK are revising their Black Friday game plan, tightening their budgets as economic pressures reshape spending behaviour. Many are approaching the sales season far more cautiously than before.

Consumers expect to spend an average of £622 this year — a 4% drop from last year — with many relying on discounts and promotions to stretch their budgets. Value is king, with 38% of shoppers saying they’ll only buy items that are at least 50% off.

Rising inflation and income disruptions are adding pressure, and even higher-income households plan to scale back spending across Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Brands and retailers will need to work harder to earn every pound this shopping season.

Subscribe to never miss an episode of Ticker – https://www.youtube.com/@weareticker

#BlackFriday2025 #HolidayShopping #ConsumerTrends #CostOfLiving #CyberMonday #RetailNews #ShoppingDeals #UKEconomy


Download the Ticker app

Continue Reading

News

National Guard ambush: Afghan man charged after D.C. shooting

Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal arrested for shooting two National Guard members; FBI probes potential terrorism link.

Published

on

Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal arrested for shooting two National Guard members; FBI probes potential terrorism link.


An Afghan national, Rahmanullah Lakanwal, has been arrested after allegedly shooting two National Guard members in Washington, D.C. Authorities say Lakanwal previously worked with CIA-backed military units in Afghanistan before coming to the United States.

The victims, Sarah Beckstrom and Andrew Wolfe, remain in critical condition. Officials warn that if either victim dies, the charges could escalate to first-degree murder as the investigation intensifies.

The FBI is now examining the case as a potential act of terrorism, while the Department of Homeland Security has announced a review of all asylum cases approved under the Biden administration.

Subscribe to never miss an episode of Ticker – https://www.youtube.com/@weareticker

#WashingtonDC #NationalGuard #BreakingNews #USPolitics #FBIInvestigation #TerrorProbe #AsylumReview #TickerNews


Download the Ticker app

Continue Reading

News

Hong Kong construction bosses arrested after city’s deadliest fire in decades

Hong Kong arrests construction bosses after deadly fire kills 83; 279 still missing as investigation intensifies.

Published

on

Hong Kong arrests construction bosses after deadly fire kills 83; 279 still missing as investigation intensifies.


Hong Kong has been shaken by the arrest of construction company bosses following the city’s most devastating fire in almost 80 years, which claimed at least 83 lives. The blaze erupted at the Wang Fuk Court housing complex in Tai Po, where renovation work was underway.

Authorities report that more than 4,600 residents lived in the high-rise blocks, with most victims found within two of the towers. Shockingly, 279 people remain unaccounted for nearly 24 hours after the fire first broke out.

The Hong Kong government has announced a HK$300 million emergency fund to support survivors and affected residents. Meanwhile, police are deepening their investigation, seizing documents and equipment from the company’s headquarters.

Subscribe to never miss an episode of Ticker – https://www.youtube.com/@weareticker

#HongKong #BreakingNews #AsiaNews #FireInvestigation #ConstructionNews #GlobalNews #TickerNews #WorldUpdates


Download the Ticker app

Continue Reading

Trending Now