Bipartisan calls are growing louder for President Joe Biden to formally address the American people
While there are mounting questions surrounding the recently shot-down high-altitude objects, the White House Press Secretary was able to rule out one possibility.
“There is no, again no, indication of aliens or extraterrestrial activity with these recent takedowns,” said Karine Jean-Pierre.
On February 4, the U.S. Airforce shot down a Chinese spy balloon that the Pentagon has confirmed is part of China’s massive intelligence surveillance program run by the Chinese military.
The U.S. Navy continues its salvage efforts in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of South Carolina to recover that pay load.
Then on Friday, a second small object was shot down over northern Alaska.
On Saturday a third object was shot down over the Yukon and on Sunday a fourth object was shot down near Canadian airspace over Lake Huran.
On Monday, National Security Council Strategic Communications Coordinator John Kirby delivered an update and was asked about the repeated breach of U.S. airspace.
A reporter asked Kirby, “When it comes to these higher altitudes, are America’s borders secure?”
“The President takes as I said earlier, he takes our national security extremely seriously, he has no higher responsibility than the safety and security of the American people,” Kirby said.
“And I don’t think you need to look any further quite frankly than the decisions he’s made in the last week to 10 days to evidence that.”
During a reporter’s follow-up question, Kirby was asked if the President is plugging holes as he discovers vulnerabilities in real-time.
“You’re making an assumption that I don’t know that the analysis will actually bear out,” Kirby responded.
The U.S. has now shot down more aerial objects over U.S. territory since Pearl Harbor back in 1941.
Bipartisan calls are growing louder for President Joe Biden to formally address the American people on this serious issue reading America’s national security.
Australia’s power network is facing a terrible summer
A new report has raised concerns about potential power shortages this summer in several Australian states. With temperatures expected to soar, experts warn that the electricity grid could be under significant strain.
The report, released by the Energy Authority of Australia, highlights that New South Wales, Queensland, and South Australia are at the greatest risk of experiencing blackouts. Increased demand for electricity due to air conditioning use during hot summer days is the primary driver of this concern.
The report suggests that immediate measures should be taken to mitigate these risks. These measures include improving grid infrastructure, investing in renewable energy sources, and implementing demand-side management programs to reduce peak electricity consumption.
Energy Minister Sarah Thompson acknowledged the challenges but assured the public that the government is actively working on solutions to prevent power shortages. She stated, “We are committed to ensuring a stable and reliable power supply during the summer months.”
As the summer approaches, Australians will be closely monitoring the situation, hoping that the necessary steps will be taken to ensure a steady power supply during the hottest days. #featured
Did Sam Bankman-Fried offer money to stop Trump from running?
New details about the relationship between the failed FTX boss and politicians and business leaders has been laid bare.
It’s been revealed that Sam Bankman-Fried, the CEO of FTX crypto exchange, explored the idea of offering former President Donald Trump a substantial sum of money to dissuade him from running for president again.
The proposition is detailed in an upcoming book that promises to shed light on behind-the-scenes dealings and unconventional political strategies.
USA alert test triggers memory of Hawaii missile alert
Enhancing National Preparedness: The Nationwide Emergency Alert System Test
On October 4, the United States is set to conduct a crucial nationwide emergency alert system test, a vital evaluation of the nation’s ability to disseminate critical information effectively during emergencies.
This upcoming test is a significant event, not just as a routine check but also in response to notable past incidents that underscore the imperative of a robust emergency alert system. One such incident took place on January 13, 2018, in the state of Hawaii, when an accidental alert was issued via the Emergency Alert System and Wireless Emergency Alert System.
This alert, transmitted across various media platforms including television, radio, and cellphones, advised citizens to seek shelter due to an incoming ballistic missile, concluding with the chilling declaration: “This is not a drill.”
The subsequent 38 minutes and 13 seconds were filled with panic and uncertainty, until state officials clarified that the alert had resulted from a miscommunication during a routine drill at the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency. The incident prompted a public apology from David Ige, the governor of Hawaii, acknowledging the distress it had caused.
Additionally, it triggered investigations by the Federal Communications Commission and the Hawaii House of Representatives, ultimately leading to the resignation of the state’s emergency management administrator. This incident served as a stark reminder of the critical importance of a well-functioning, error-free emergency alert system.
Fast forward to the present, the nation is preparing for the upcoming nationwide emergency alert system test scheduled for October 4. At the designated time, a loud alert tone will resonate across all devices, followed by a test message that clearly identifies its nature as a simulation meant to evaluate the readiness and functionality of the emergency alert infrastructure. This exercise aims to assure citizens that the emergency alert system is well-prepared and efficient in conveying vital information during a crisis.
Citizens are strongly encouraged to pay close attention to this test, acquaint themselves with the alert sound and message, and comprehend its profound significance in the broader context of preparedness for potential emergencies in the future. The October 4 nationwide emergency alert system test represents a commitment to learning from past incidents and continuously improving preparedness measures to protect citizens and ensure a resilient society. It highlights the nation’s dedication to enhancing its communication systems, thereby reinforcing the safety and security of its populace.
Key investor interests when evaluating a startup
Southern Hemisphere’s largest gaming event
Australia’s power network is facing a terrible summer
Crypto.com accidentally transfers $10.5m to woman instead of $100
What is happening between SHIB and Vitalik? | TICKER VIEWS
Russia has cancelled itself. But the world should beware of poking the Russian bear￼
Money2 days ago
Warren Buffett warns of commercial real estate market crisis
Insight5 days ago
Revolutionising property ownership with property syndication
News5 days ago
Elon Musk on Philadelphia looting: ‘America resembles the Joker’
News4 days ago
U.S. alleges China’s worldwide media influence campaign
News3 days ago
Andrew Tate granted partial travel freedom in Romania
News5 days ago
Cybersecurity experts on the best ways to protect your business
Tech1 day ago
Why isn’t there an EV for all?
Money3 days ago
Why the U.S. is back to panicking about the debt ceiling