Connect with us

Business

Uber to acquire 50,000 Tesla’s as the future of ride share evolves

Published

on

Your next Uber ride could be in a Tesla

Uber is acquiring 50,000 Tesla vehicles to rent to its drivers as part of an ambitious plan to electrify its fleet in the US by 2030. 

The ride-hailing company is working with rental car company Hertz, which announced yesterday that it had ordered 100,000 EVs

Uber stated that the deal brings the company a step toward its zero-emissions goal and will offer its drivers a way to increase earnings by saving on gas costs.

From Monday, Uber drivers can rent 2021 Tesla Model 3 cars through Hertz’s rental program in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego and Washington, D.C.

It will expand nationwide in the following weeks.

The move comes as car companies and transportation providers around the world are coming under regulatory pressure to phase out gas-powered cars.

Tesla is driving at full speed, with the EV giant striking a major deal with rental car agent, Hertz

Elon Musk owned, Tesla has officially crossed a $1 trillion stock market valuation for the first time in its operating history…and it follows a major order from global rental car agency, Hertz

Hertz plans to order 100,000 new EVs for its fleet.

It is the biggest-ever order from rental car company Hertz, and a deal that has reinforced the electric car leader’s ambitions to top the entire auto industry in sales over the next decade.

Anthony Lucas is reporter, presenter and social media producer with ticker News. Anthony holds a Bachelor of Professional Communication, with a major in Journalism from RMIT University as well as a Diploma of Arts and Entertainment journalism from Collarts. He’s previously worked for 9 News, ONE FM Radio and Southern Cross Austerio’s Hit Radio Network. 

Business

Why luxury brands are not feeling inflation

Published

on

New data shows luxury brands are not feeling the pinch of inflation, thanks to the ultra-rich indulging in their products

Luxury brands are not worried about the impact of the global economic meltdown.

While prices of food and gas have skyrocketed, spare a thought for the ultra-rich dealing with the rising cost of sneakers and sports cars.

High end retailers like Dior, Louis Vuitton and Versace are all reporting strong sales and are hiking their profit forecasts.

The upbeat view is at odds with fears for the global economy.

However, this is nothing new, in fact it’s in line with past economic slowdowns according to the experts.

The rich are often the last to feel the impacts of a tightening economy, while spending among lower income consumers is squeezed by inflation.

Continue Reading

Business

Johnson & Johnson will stop selling talcum baby powder

Published

on

Amid a rising number of lawsuits, Johnson & Johnson will officially cease production of its talcum baby powder.

Company executives say the decision follows a severe decline in sales right around the world.

The move also follows a number of lawsuits which claim the product causes cancer due to its contamination with asbestos.

Mined from the earth, Talc and lies very close to where carcinogenic asbestos comes from.

J&J says demand has fallen due to so-called ‘misinformation’ about the powder’s safety.

“We stand firmly behind the decades of independent scientific analysis by medical experts around the world that confirms talc-based Johnson’s baby powder is safe, does not contain asbestos, and does not cause cancer,” it said in a statement.

But an investigation by Reuters back in 2018 discovered the organisation knew for decades that asbestos was present in its talc products.

The global shift away from talcum powder comes more than two years after the healthcare giant ended sales of the product in both the U.S. and the UK.

The company says the powder will now be created from cornstarch.

“As part of a worldwide portfolio assessment, we have made the commercial decision to transition to an all cornstarch-based baby powder portfolio,” it said in a statement.

Continue Reading

Business

Twitter will crack down on false reporting ahead of U.S. Midterms

Published

on

Twitter is seeking to put the truth first as this November’s mid-terms fast approach

Twitter says false and misleading posts will be fact-checked in a bid to promote accurate reporting.

Twitter will apply its ‘civic integrity policy’, which was first rolled out in 2018.

The policy stops users from posting misleading content that can dissuade people from voting.

There will also be a crack down on claims that undermine the public’s confidence in the results.

It follows the 2020 Presidential election, where the company was accused of not doing enough to stop the spread of misinformation.

All 435 seats in the U.S. House will be up for grabs alongside around a third of senate seats.

Continue Reading

Trending Now

Copyright © 2022 The Ticker Company PTY LTD