Connect with us
https://tickernews.co/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/AmEx-Thought-Leaders.jpg

News

Moderna vaccine ‘strongly protects’ teens from COVID

Published

on

Moderna vaccine 'strongly protects' children from COVID

Pharmaceutical company Moderna says its COVID-19 vaccine strongly protects children as young as 12

Moderna says its COVID-19 vaccine ‘strongly protects’ teens aged between 12 and 17.

The company studied the effects of their vaccine on more than 3,700 12- to 17-year-olds.

Preliminary findings showed the vaccine triggered the same immune response in kids and teens as it does in adults. This includes temporary side effects such as sore arms, headache, and fatigue.

Moderna also said the vaccine appeared 93 percent effective two weeks after the first dose in teens.

At least 316 children have died in the US alone, according to a tally by the American Academy of Pediatrics.

Child receiving a COVID test

The new data could speed up the global rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine

Earlier this month, the US and Canada authorized the Pfizer for children aged older than 12.

Moderna aims to be next in line, saying it will submit the new data to the US Food and Drug Administration early next month.

Both Pfizer and Moderna have also begun testing their vaccines in younger children and babies.

This comes after US Preisident Joe Biden said “America will never be fully safe” from COVID

The Biden administration announced that the country will share an additional 20 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines with the world by the end of June.

It follows the White House previously allocating 60 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine.

The vaccines will be a combination of Moderna, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson

Anthony Lucas is reporter, presenter and social media producer with ticker News. Anthony holds a Bachelor of Professional Communication, with a major in Journalism from RMIT University as well as a Diploma of Arts and Entertainment journalism from Collarts. He’s previously worked for 9 News, ONE FM Radio and Southern Cross Austerio’s Hit Radio Network. 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Jesse Baird and Luke Davies – Two bodies discovered in search for missing Sydney couple

Published

on

In a tragic turn of events, two bodies have been found in the search for missing Sydney couple Jesse Baird and Luke Davies, who were allegedly murdered by a serving police officer.

The grim discovery comes after days of intense searching across multiple crime scenes, culminating in the retrieval of the couple’s remains near a remote property approximately two hours south of Sydney on Tuesday afternoon.

Detective Superintendent Danny Doherty said during a press conference that homicide squads opened a new crime scene in Bungonia, which was about 20 minutes from the original crime scene.

‘There were two surf bags that have been found,’ he said.

‘And some debris and other items of interest of significance that are located.

‘And at that stage it was declared a crime scene and immediately the family were informed of the development.’

He also said Lamarre-Condon revealed where the bodies were located after he received legal advice.

It was the first time he cooperated with police during the investigation.

Prior to becoming a police officer, Lamarre-Condon was a celebrity blogger

‘We are very confident we have located Luke and Jesse,’ she said.

‘Today, this afternoon, detectives attached to Strike Force Ashfordby located a second crime scene in Bungonia which is a separate scene which they had been searching yesterday and earlier.’

The unfolding tragedy began to unravel when Senior Constable Beau Lamarre-Condon was charged with the murder of Channel 10 personality Mr. Baird, with whom he reportedly had a brief romantic involvement, and Mr. Davies.

The young couple is believed to have been shot dead at a residence in Paddington on February 19.

Assisting police

Following the discovery of bloodied clothing and personal items belonging to the couple in a skip bin in Cronulla, a manhunt was launched on February 20.

Despite initial resistance, Lamarre-Condon eventually surrendered to authorities at Bondi Police Station on February 23.

Police allege that Lamarre-Condon’s predatory behavior towards Mr. Baird escalated following their breakup in late 2023.

Furthermore, evidence uncovered by investigators, including blood and a bullet cartridge matching the constable’s service weapon, suggests a meticulously planned attempt to conceal the murders and dispose of the victims’ bodies.

Detectives say Lamarre-Condon assisted police with locating the bodies during an interview on Tuesday.

“He was forthcoming about the location of the two people.”

“What we will allege is the accused went back to the property and moved those bodies to the current location.”

Various locations

The van allegedly utilised by Lamarre-Condon to transport the victims’ remains was tracked to various locations, including the crime scene in Paddington and a property in Bungonia, before ultimately being located in Sydney’s southern suburbs.

Detectives assert that Lamarre-Condon also purchased tools and equipment, such as an angle grinder and weights, in further efforts to cover up the crimes.

Despite the constable’s initial refusal to cooperate with authorities in locating the bodies, information provided by Lamarre-Condon eventually led to the discovery of the couple’s remains near the remote property in Bungonia. The tragic end to the search for Jesse Baird and Luke Davies serves as a sobering reminder of the complexities and challenges inherent in law enforcement investigations.

 

Continue Reading

News

After string of flops, Disney’s live action movie head departs

Published

on

Disney has announced that Sean Bailey, the head of its live-action movies division, will be stepping down from his position.

The news comes as part of an executive shuffle within the entertainment giant, with Bailey’s successor named as David Greenbaum, former co-president of Disney’s Searchlight Pictures.

Greenbaum will assume the role of president of Disney live action and 20th Century Studios.

The decision to appoint Greenbaum to this newly created position is aimed at fostering greater collaboration within Disney’s production slate.

The move aligns with the company’s strategy to streamline operations and enhance efficiency across its various divisions.

Activist investors

The reshuffle at Disney comes at a time when the company is facing pressure from activist investors.

Notably, activist Nelson Peltz has urged Disney to focus on improving streaming margins and to undertake a review of its creative processes to enhance output from its studios.

Despite the change in leadership, Searchlight Pictures, under the leadership of President Matthew Greenfield, will continue its operations. Greenfield assumed the presidency alongside Greenbaum in 2021.

In the wake of his departure from his executive role, Bailey will remain involved with Disney as a producer on upcoming projects, including the highly anticipated “Tron: Ares” movie.

The announcement of Bailey’s departure and Greenbaum’s appointment underscores Disney’s commitment to adapting to the evolving entertainment landscape and maximizing its creative potential.

Continue Reading

News

Is China’s space rise a challenge to the U.S?

Published

on

As China accelerates its space program, the U.S. finds itself navigating uncharted territory, grappling with the implications of an emerging space power.

The space arena, once dominated by the U.S., is witnessing a paradigm shift.

China’s advancements include the successful deployment of advanced satellites, groundbreaking research in space weaponry, and the establishment of a lunar base. #featured #ticker today

Continue Reading
Live Watch Ticker News Live
Advertisement

Trending Now

Copyright © 2023 The Ticker Company