In a tragic turn of events, two bodies have been found in the search for missing Sydney couple Jesse Baird and Luke Davies, who were allegedly murdered by a serving police officer.
The grim discovery comes after days of intense searching across multiple crime scenes, culminating in the retrieval of the couple’s remains near a remote property approximately two hours south of Sydney on Tuesday afternoon.
Detective Superintendent Danny Doherty said during a press conference that homicide squads opened a new crime scene in Bungonia, which was about 20 minutes from the original crime scene.
‘There were two surf bags that have been found,’ he said.
‘And some debris and other items of interest of significance that are located.
‘And at that stage it was declared a crime scene and immediately the family were informed of the development.’
He also said Lamarre-Condon revealed where the bodies were located after he received legal advice.
It was the first time he cooperated with police during the investigation.
Prior to becoming a police officer, Lamarre-Condon was a celebrity blogger
‘We are very confident we have located Luke and Jesse,’ she said.
‘Today, this afternoon, detectives attached to Strike Force Ashfordby located a second crime scene in Bungonia which is a separate scene which they had been searching yesterday and earlier.’
The unfolding tragedy began to unravel when Senior Constable Beau Lamarre-Condon was charged with the murder of Channel 10 personality Mr. Baird, with whom he reportedly had a brief romantic involvement, and Mr. Davies.
The young couple is believed to have been shot dead at a residence in Paddington on February 19.
Assisting police
Following the discovery of bloodied clothing and personal items belonging to the couple in a skip bin in Cronulla, a manhunt was launched on February 20.
Despite initial resistance, Lamarre-Condon eventually surrendered to authorities at Bondi Police Station on February 23.
Police allege that Lamarre-Condon’s predatory behavior towards Mr. Baird escalated following their breakup in late 2023.
Accused murderer Beau Lamarre has finally cooperated and he told police this morning where he’d put the bodies of Luke Davies and Jesse Baird who were found in surf bags at Bungonia.
Furthermore, evidence uncovered by investigators, including blood and a bullet cartridge matching the constable’s service weapon, suggests a meticulously planned attempt to conceal the murders and dispose of the victims’ bodies.
Detectives say Lamarre-Condon assisted police with locating the bodies during an interview on Tuesday.
“He was forthcoming about the location of the two people.”
“What we will allege is the accused went back to the property and moved those bodies to the current location.”
Various locations
The van allegedly utilised by Lamarre-Condon to transport the victims’ remains was tracked to various locations, including the crime scene in Paddington and a property in Bungonia, before ultimately being located in Sydney’s southern suburbs.
Detectives assert that Lamarre-Condon also purchased tools and equipment, such as an angle grinder and weights, in further efforts to cover up the crimes.
Despite the constable’s initial refusal to cooperate with authorities in locating the bodies, information provided by Lamarre-Condon eventually led to the discovery of the couple’s remains near the remote property in Bungonia. The tragic end to the search for Jesse Baird and Luke Davies serves as a sobering reminder of the complexities and challenges inherent in law enforcement investigations.
Ahron Young is an award winning journalist who has covered major news events around the world. Ahron is the Managing Editor and Founder of TICKER NEWS.
UK shoppers are tightening budgets for Black Friday, expecting to spend £622—4% less than last year—favoring discounts.
Shoppers across the UK are revising their Black Friday game plan, tightening their budgets as economic pressures reshape spending behaviour. Many are approaching the sales season far more cautiously than before.
Consumers expect to spend an average of £622 this year — a 4% drop from last year — with many relying on discounts and promotions to stretch their budgets. Value is king, with 38% of shoppers saying they’ll only buy items that are at least 50% off.
Rising inflation and income disruptions are adding pressure, and even higher-income households plan to scale back spending across Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Brands and retailers will need to work harder to earn every pound this shopping season.
Subscribe to never miss an episode of Ticker – https://www.youtube.com/@weareticker
Afghan national Rahmanullah Lakanwal arrested for shooting two National Guard members; FBI probes potential terrorism link.
An Afghan national, Rahmanullah Lakanwal, has been arrested after allegedly shooting two National Guard members in Washington, D.C. Authorities say Lakanwal previously worked with CIA-backed military units in Afghanistan before coming to the United States.
The victims, Sarah Beckstrom and Andrew Wolfe, remain in critical condition. Officials warn that if either victim dies, the charges could escalate to first-degree murder as the investigation intensifies.
The FBI is now examining the case as a potential act of terrorism, while the Department of Homeland Security has announced a review of all asylum cases approved under the Biden administration.
Subscribe to never miss an episode of Ticker – https://www.youtube.com/@weareticker
Hong Kong arrests construction bosses after deadly fire kills 83; 279 still missing as investigation intensifies.
Hong Kong has been shaken by the arrest of construction company bosses following the city’s most devastating fire in almost 80 years, which claimed at least 83 lives. The blaze erupted at the Wang Fuk Court housing complex in Tai Po, where renovation work was underway.
Authorities report that more than 4,600 residents lived in the high-rise blocks, with most victims found within two of the towers. Shockingly, 279 people remain unaccounted for nearly 24 hours after the fire first broke out.
The Hong Kong government has announced a HK$300 million emergency fund to support survivors and affected residents. Meanwhile, police are deepening their investigation, seizing documents and equipment from the company’s headquarters.
Subscribe to never miss an episode of Ticker – https://www.youtube.com/@weareticker