Connect with us
https://tickernews.co/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/AmEx-Thought-Leaders.jpg

News

Bakhmut a key battleground for war in Ukraine

Published

on

Kyiv has pledged to defend Bakhmut, which Russia sees as a stepping stone to attack other cities

Ukrainian forces are still in control of a key supply route into the shattered, embattled city of Bakhmut, according to a military spokesperson, while a Russian mercenary commander publicly criticised Moscow and demanded more ammunition to finish the fight.

Russian forces have been trying for 10 months to punch their way into the shattered remains of what was once a city of 70,000.

Fighting has been block by block and house by house, with both sides describing it as a ‘meat grinder.’

Kyiv has pledged to defend Bakhmut, which Russia sees as a stepping stone to attack other cities.

A spokesperson for Ukraine’s forces in the east told a news website that the 17-kilometre stretch he dubbed “the road of life” leading from the town of Chasiv Yar into Bakhmut was still under Kyiv’s control.

On the other side of the frontline, Yevgeny Prigozhin said his fighters with the Wagner mercenary group had advanced some 100 to 150 metres further into the city.

But he said that effort cost him 94 troops.

Prigozhin and his private militia have led the Russian attack on the city and often claim unverifiable successes in videos such as this.

In an audio recording published on the Telegram message app, Prigozhin said his losses would have been five times fewer if his fighters had more ammunition.

In a separate video interview with a Russian military blogger, Prigozhin said his soldiers had only enough ammo for a few days, and said that if he wasn’t resupplied he’d be forced to withdraw.

Ukraine, too, has been long crying for more weaponry to sustain its fight.

Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky said a planned spring counter-offensive would not hinge on the arrival of new western warplanes.

He’s been asking for advanced F-16 fighters from the U.S. and NATO allies but said the planned attack could not wait.

A plume of black smoke rose from a Russian fuel depot in the Crimean port city of Sevastopol, which the city’s Moscow-installed governor blamed on a Ukrainian drone strike.

Meanwhile, civilian casualties continue to mount. On Sunday, the Ukrainian city of Uman held a funeral for two children killed by a Russian missile.

At least 25 civilians were killed in a wave of Russian airstrikes last week.

News

Bill Gates withdraws from India AI Impact Summit before keynote

Bill Gates withdraws from India’s AI Impact Summit amid renewed scrutiny over past ties to Jeffrey Epstein.

Published

on

Bill Gates withdraws from India’s AI Impact Summit amid renewed scrutiny over past ties to Jeffrey Epstein.

Bill Gates has withdrawn from India’s AI Impact Summit just hours before his keynote, as scrutiny grows over his past ties to Jeffrey Epstein following the release of US Justice Department emails.

The summit has faced criticism over organisational issues and traffic disruptions, drawing attention away from its mission. Despite the chaos, it has secured over $200 billion in investment commitments, including a major pledge from Reliance Industries.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi used the platform to stress the importance of protecting children in the rapidly evolving world of AI.

Subscribe to never miss an episode of Ticker – https://www.youtube.com/@weareticker


Download the Ticker app

Continue Reading

News

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor released after 12-hour questioning

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor released after 12-hour police questioning over Epstein files misconduct allegations

Published

on

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor released after 12-hour police questioning over Epstein files misconduct allegations

video
play-sharp-fill
In Short:
– Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was released after 12 hours of police questioning regarding misconduct allegations linked to Epstein.
– His arrest marks a significant moment for the Royal Family, facing increased scrutiny following controversy.
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been released from police custody after nearly 12 hours of questioning.
He was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office related to revelations from the Epstein files. The former duke has denied any wrongdoing concerning Jeffrey Epstein.Banner

The arrest occurred at Wood Farm early in the morning. He was later taken to Aylsham Police Station, located 40 miles away. Andrew’s journey home, to the Sandringham estate, took about an hour.

Response To Arrest

Commentary from the British media indicates that the image of Andrew leaving police custody will likely have lasting ramifications for the Royal Family. Observers say that he appeared visibly affected and “terrified” by the situation.

Royal correspondent Rhiannon Mills highlighted the gravity of the moment, stating that such an image is troubling for the monarchy.

This is the first royal interaction with law enforcement since Princess Anne’s dog incident.

The royal family has faced heightened scrutiny following the release of the Epstein files.

King Charles has remarked that the law must be upheld and enforced equally, irrespective of status. Multiple outlets will continue to cover developments in this ongoing story.


Download the Ticker app

Continue Reading

News

Ukraine Russia peace talks stall with no breakthrough

Zelenskiy blames Moscow for stalling Geneva peace talks; negotiations to resume amid unresolved eastern territory and nuclear power plant disputes.

Published

on

Zelenskiy blames Moscow for stalling Geneva peace talks; negotiations to resume amid unresolved eastern territory and nuclear power plant disputes.

Two days of high-stakes negotiations in Geneva have ended without a breakthrough, as Ukraine and Russia failed to reach an agreement on key issues in the ongoing war. Despite international pressure, both sides walked away without a deal.

President Volodymyr Zelenskiy accused Moscow of deliberately stalling United States-mediated peace efforts, while Russia signalled it would not accept terms it sees as unfavourable. The White House says further talks are expected.

Major sticking points remain over territory in eastern Ukraine and control of the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant, with both sides rejecting proposals that would involve significant territorial concessions.

Subscribe to never miss an episode of Ticker – https://www.youtube.com/@weareticker

Download the Ticker app

Continue Reading

Trending Now