Connect with us

Media

Alec Baldwin: ‘I didn’t pull the trigger’

Published

on

Actor Alec Baldwin has spoken for the first time since the shooting which killed a cinematographer on the set of the film, Rust

Alec Baldwin says he “didn’t pull the trigger” of the gun that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of his film, Rust.

The actor, speaking for the first time about the incident with ABC News America, made the claim as he spoke to reporter George Stephanopoulos

“I would never point a gun at anyone and pull a trigger at them. Never,”

The interview was recorded on Tuesday, and is due to be broadcast in the US on Thursday evening.

“I’ve done thousands of interviews in the last 20 years at ABC,” he said. “This was the most intense I’ve ever experienced”

ABC’s Stephanopoulos described their 80-minute discussion as “raw” and “intense, as he spoke to the 63-year-old actor about the incident.

The journalist described Baldwin as “devastated” yet “very candid” and “forthcoming” during a preview of the interview on Good Morning America on Wednesday.

Alec Baldwin is best-known for his performances in films like Cat in the Hat, Glengarry Glen Ross and The Hunt For Red October, as well as his well known impersonations of former US President Donald Trump on US sketch show Saturday Night Live.

Police investigating if recycled ammo was used in Rust shooting
Police investigating if recycled ammo was used in Rust shooting

The investigation into the on-set shooting continues

Police continue to comb through evidence as they probe how the incident occurred. Authorities say Baldwin was told the gun was safe to handle, but they continue to investigate how a live round ended up in the weapon, before it was discharged.

Mr Baldwin was asked during his interview with Stephanopoulos how a live round ended up on the set.

“I have no idea,” the actor said.

“Someone put a live bullet in a gun — a bullet that wasn’t even supposed to be on the property.”

Investigators have described “some complacency” into exactly how weapons were handled on the set.

Authorities have stated that it is still ‘too soon’ to determine whether charges will be filed, amid independent civil lawsuits concerning liability in the fatal shooting.

Anthony Lucas is reporter, presenter and social media producer with ticker News. Anthony holds a Bachelor of Professional Communication, with a major in Journalism from RMIT University as well as a Diploma of Arts and Entertainment journalism from Collarts. He’s previously worked for 9 News, ONE FM Radio and Southern Cross Austerio’s Hit Radio Network. 

Media

Dua Lipa granted new citizenship

Published

on

Dua Lipa has been awarded an Albanian citizenship for her engagement with the country and endeavours to raise awareness

Dua Lipa now has an Albanian citizenship after she was praised for her international efforts to raise support for the country.

The British singer has been awarded the new honour by President Bajram Begaj.

It was a monumental moment for Lipa, who plans to finish her ‘Future Nostalgia’ tour in the country’s capital on November 28.

Begaj granted the citizenship to the icon for her contribution and global engagement on ‘important social causes.’

Lipa has a strong connection to the country, co-founding the Sunny Hill Foundation with her father to raise money for struggling people.

The singer was also born in London to immigrant parents.

Continue Reading

Media

Kardashian denounces Balenciaga ad

Published

on

After a week of silence, Kim Kardashian has denounced the controversial Balenciaga ad campaign that depicted children alongside bondage-style attire.

The ad images came under fire last week as people noticed the odd outfits sported by the child models’ stuffed animals.

Kardashian has strong ties to the luxury fashion house, and she was criticised for keeping tight-lipped about the ongoing controversy.

The 42-year-old mogul tweeted:

“I have been quiet for the past few days, not because I haven’t been disgusted and outraged by the recent Balenciaga campaigns, but because I wanted an opportunity to speak to their team to understand for myself how this could have happened.”

Continue Reading

Media

Nude Britney Spears post sparks concern among fans

Published

on

A nude Britney Spears post has many fans concerned about her wellbeing

Pop sensation Britney Spears is no stranger to a controversial social media post, where she openly flaunts her body.

However, her latest post to Instagram has many of her beloved followers concerned.

The 40-year-old posted an explicit photo of herself in a near-empty bathtub, with a flower emoji the only thing between the world and her private parts.

It was paired with an unusual captions that read, “I like to suck!!! Never professional pics … sucking comes easy for me!!! Keep clapping bitch!!!”

The icon has 41 million followers on the social media app, many of whom were quick to share their concerns.

Some are suggesting Spears’ account is being controlled by someone else, attempting to make her look bad.

While others backed the pop stars post, supporting her desire to be open with her body image because she struggled during her younger years in the spotlight.

Continue Reading

Trending Now

Copyright © 2022 The Ticker Company PTY LTD