Connect with us
https://tickernews.co/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/AmEx-Thought-Leaders.jpg

News

Why aren’t humanitarian corridors opening in Ukraine?

Published

on

Ukraine says no humanitarian corridors will open on Wednesday local time.

It comes as the situation in Mariupol reportedly remains “too dangerous” on the ground.

It’s believed that Russian troops are intensifying their battle to seize the strategic port city.

Meanwhile, U-S President Joe Biden has accused his Russian counter-part of committing genocide while addressing rising fuel prices throughout America.

The President says the budgets of millions Americans shouldn’t be dependent on the actions of one dictator.

The United States will not confirm whether Russian forces have deployed chemical weapons during their invasion of Ukraine.

Meanwhile, Russian President Vladimir Putin has also made a rare public appearance, using it to defend what he is describing as a “noble” war.

The Russian leader says peace talks with his neighbouring nation have come to a “dead end” and Moscow has no choice but to intervene and protect Russian-backed separatists in the Donbas region.

Meanwhile, any signs of war crimes being committed by Russian troops are “fake”, according to the president.

When asked whether the operation in Ukraine would achieve its goals, Putin told reporters he doesn’t have any doubts at all.

Doug Klain is an Assistant Director at the Eurasia Center, he says one leader has has it right and one is completely wrong.

Costa is a news producer at ticker NEWS. He has previously worked as a regional journalist at the Southern Highlands Express newspaper. He also has several years' experience in the fire and emergency services sector, where he has worked with researchers, policymakers and local communities. He has also worked at the Seven Network during their Olympic Games coverage and in the ABC Melbourne newsroom. He also holds a Bachelor of Arts (Professional), with expertise in journalism, politics and international relations. His other interests include colonial legacies in the Pacific, counter-terrorism, aviation and travel.

News

UK police seek former aides’ insights on Prince Andrew

UK police contact ex-protection officers of Prince Andrew amid misconduct investigation linked to Jeffrey Epstein allegations

Published

on

UK police contact ex-protection officers of Prince Andrew amid misconduct investigation linked to Jeffrey Epstein allegations

video
play-sharp-fill
In Short:
– Police seek former protection officers of Prince Andrew for info on alleged Epstein-related offences.
– Authorities consider removing Mountbatten-Windsor from royal succession after investigation conclusions.
British police are reaching out to former protection officers of Prince Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor following his recent arrest related to allegations of misconduct in a public office.
The police have urged anyone with information about potential sex offences connected to Jeffrey Epstein to come forward.Authorities are considering legislative measures to remove Mountbatten-Windsor from the royal succession line once the investigation concludes. Any changes would require consultation with other realms where King Charles is head of state.

Banner

The recent allegations stem from claims that Mountbatten-Windsor shared confidential government documents with Epstein during his time as a trade envoy. The London Metropolitan Police is now identifying former officers who may assist in the ongoing investigation and has encouraged them to share any pertinent information.

Mountbatten-Windsor has denied wrongdoing in the Epstein matter.

In 2022, he settled a civil lawsuit filed in the U.S. by Virginia Giuffre, who accused him of sexual abuse. Reports indicated he paid her approximately £12 million, a claim he denies.

Police Investigation

London authorities are reassessing previous decisions not to pursue criminal investigations related to Epstein’s activities.

Recent document releases from the U.S. government have prompted police to explore allegations of human trafficking involving Epstein at UK airports.

Police have been actively searching Mountbatten-Windsor’s residences as part of their investigation. His arrest marks an unprecedented event in modern royal history, raising significant public interest and concern in various countries.


Download the Ticker app

Continue Reading

News

Supreme Court strikes down Trump’s tariffs, plans 10% global levy

Trump vows new 10% global tariff after Supreme Court rules against his previous tariffs, calling the decision ‘deeply disappointing’

Published

on

Trump vows new 10% global tariff after Supreme Court rules against his previous tariffs, calling the decision ‘deeply disappointing’

video
play-sharp-fill
In Short:
– The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that Trump lacks authority for tariffs without Congress support.
– Over 1,000 refund lawsuits from importers complicate the tariff issue, particularly for smaller businesses.
The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled against President Donald Trump’s tariff policies, stating he lacks the authority to impose tariffs without clear congressional support. Trump expressed disappointment and plans to implement a new 10% global tariff under different legal provisions.
Economists estimate more than $175 billion is at risk of refunds related to previously established tariffs, with potential litigations expected to last several years.Trump’s administration faces over 1,000 refund lawsuits from importers in the Court of International Trade, which ruled it can grant refunds to affected businesses. Each importer may need to pursue individual lawsuits, complicating the process, especially for smaller businesses that could find the financial burden prohibitive.

Banner

Learning Resources Inc., a toy company led by Rick Woldenberg, has contested these tariffs, potentially qualifying for refunds. Woldenberg hopes the Supreme Court ruling will initiate reflection on necessary economic adjustments.

Economic Impact

Economists suggest consumers may not notice significant changes due to persistent tariffs on numerous products. U.S. Treasury estimates predict the deputy’s revenue will remain largely unchanged despite Trump’s new plans to increase tariffs through other channels, specifically under Sections 122 and 301 of the Trade Act.

Trump’s forthcoming address to Congress is expected to address the implications of this ruling, which notably undermines a fundamental aspect of his trade agenda.

Despite past assurances regarding reform, uncertainties remain for both businesses and consumers as the administration explores future tariff strategies.


Download the Ticker app

Continue Reading

News

Bill Gates withdraws from India AI Impact Summit before keynote

Bill Gates withdraws from India’s AI Impact Summit amid renewed scrutiny over past ties to Jeffrey Epstein.

Published

on

Bill Gates withdraws from India’s AI Impact Summit amid renewed scrutiny over past ties to Jeffrey Epstein.

Bill Gates has withdrawn from India’s AI Impact Summit just hours before his keynote, as scrutiny grows over his past ties to Jeffrey Epstein following the release of US Justice Department emails.

The summit has faced criticism over organisational issues and traffic disruptions, drawing attention away from its mission. Despite the chaos, it has secured over $200 billion in investment commitments, including a major pledge from Reliance Industries.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi used the platform to stress the importance of protecting children in the rapidly evolving world of AI.

Subscribe to never miss an episode of Ticker – https://www.youtube.com/@weareticker


Download the Ticker app

Continue Reading

Trending Now