Connect with us
https://tickernews.co/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/AmEx-Thought-Leaders.jpg

News

Ukraine accuses Russian soldiers of rape, murder

Published

on

Ukraine on Sunday accused Russian forces of carrying out a “massacre” in the town of Bucha, while Western nations reacted to images of dead bodies there with calls for new sanctions against Moscow.

Ukraine’s defense minister on Sunday accused Russian forces of an array of atrocities.

Oleksii Reznikov said the crimes came to light after Ukrainian forces moved into cities and towns after the invaders withdrew.

“This is not a special operation, these are not police actions. These are ordinary racists, fascists, and inhumane, who simply committed crimes against civilians, raped, killed, shot them in the back of the head. The whole world needs to know about this.”

These images taken by Reuters witnesses in Bucha show what appear to be victims in a mass grave, and bodies lying in the streets.

Bucha lies 23 miles northwest of the capital Kyiv, an area Ukrainian troops said they recaptured on Saturday.

Bucha’s mayor, Anatoliy Fedoruk said on Sunday that 300 residents had been killed during a month-long occupation by the Russian army.

Reuters could not immediately verify this.

Russia’s defense ministry denied the Ukrainian allegations, saying footage and photographs showing dead bodies in Bucha were “yet another provocation” by Kyiv.

It said Russian military units had left Bucha on March 30, and that civilians had been free to move around the town or evacuate while it was under Russian control.

But the reports and images of dead civilians brought outraged pro-Ukrainian demonstrators to the streets of Berlin on Sunday.

“It is horrible, it is not about the war. It is not the war right now. They want to erase the Ukraine as the culture, as the people.”

And that sentiment echoed across Western capitals.

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken described images of dead bodies there as “a punch in the gut.”

And the foreign ministers of Germany, France and Britain, along with the European Union’s foreign policy chief, expressed outrage over the reports from Bucha.

Reznikov vowed to document the alleged atrocities, and said Ukraine would weigh bringing charges in the International Criminal Court.

”There is a whole list: these are war crimes, these are crimes against humanity.”

The images of corpses in civilian clothes left behind by departing Russian troops has prompted calls from officials in Ukraine and Europe for tougher sanctions on Moscow.

Via our partners at Reuters

News

Bill Gates withdraws from India AI Impact Summit before keynote

Bill Gates withdraws from India’s AI Impact Summit amid renewed scrutiny over past ties to Jeffrey Epstein.

Published

on

Bill Gates withdraws from India’s AI Impact Summit amid renewed scrutiny over past ties to Jeffrey Epstein.

Bill Gates has withdrawn from India’s AI Impact Summit just hours before his keynote, as scrutiny grows over his past ties to Jeffrey Epstein following the release of US Justice Department emails.

The summit has faced criticism over organisational issues and traffic disruptions, drawing attention away from its mission. Despite the chaos, it has secured over $200 billion in investment commitments, including a major pledge from Reliance Industries.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi used the platform to stress the importance of protecting children in the rapidly evolving world of AI.

Subscribe to never miss an episode of Ticker – https://www.youtube.com/@weareticker


Download the Ticker app

Continue Reading

News

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor released after 12-hour questioning

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor released after 12-hour police questioning over Epstein files misconduct allegations

Published

on

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor released after 12-hour police questioning over Epstein files misconduct allegations

video
play-sharp-fill
In Short:
– Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was released after 12 hours of police questioning regarding misconduct allegations linked to Epstein.
– His arrest marks a significant moment for the Royal Family, facing increased scrutiny following controversy.
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been released from police custody after nearly 12 hours of questioning.
He was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office related to revelations from the Epstein files. The former duke has denied any wrongdoing concerning Jeffrey Epstein.Banner

The arrest occurred at Wood Farm early in the morning. He was later taken to Aylsham Police Station, located 40 miles away. Andrew’s journey home, to the Sandringham estate, took about an hour.

Response To Arrest

Commentary from the British media indicates that the image of Andrew leaving police custody will likely have lasting ramifications for the Royal Family. Observers say that he appeared visibly affected and “terrified” by the situation.

Royal correspondent Rhiannon Mills highlighted the gravity of the moment, stating that such an image is troubling for the monarchy.

This is the first royal interaction with law enforcement since Princess Anne’s dog incident.

The royal family has faced heightened scrutiny following the release of the Epstein files.

King Charles has remarked that the law must be upheld and enforced equally, irrespective of status. Multiple outlets will continue to cover developments in this ongoing story.


Download the Ticker app

Continue Reading

News

Ukraine Russia peace talks stall with no breakthrough

Zelenskiy blames Moscow for stalling Geneva peace talks; negotiations to resume amid unresolved eastern territory and nuclear power plant disputes.

Published

on

Zelenskiy blames Moscow for stalling Geneva peace talks; negotiations to resume amid unresolved eastern territory and nuclear power plant disputes.

Two days of high-stakes negotiations in Geneva have ended without a breakthrough, as Ukraine and Russia failed to reach an agreement on key issues in the ongoing war. Despite international pressure, both sides walked away without a deal.

President Volodymyr Zelenskiy accused Moscow of deliberately stalling United States-mediated peace efforts, while Russia signalled it would not accept terms it sees as unfavourable. The White House says further talks are expected.

Major sticking points remain over territory in eastern Ukraine and control of the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant, with both sides rejecting proposals that would involve significant territorial concessions.

Subscribe to never miss an episode of Ticker – https://www.youtube.com/@weareticker

Download the Ticker app

Continue Reading

Trending Now