Connect with us

Sport

Peng Shuai says she never accused anyone of sexual assault

Published

on

Chinese Tennis star Peng Shuai has spoken out, after disappearing from the public eye for weeks

Peng Shuai says she has never accused anyone of sexually assaulting her and that her social media post has been misunderstood.

“First, I need to stress one point that is extremely important, I have never said or written that anyone has sexually assaulted me,” Peng said in the video posted by Lianhe Zaobao, a Singaporean Chinese-language media outlet.

“I have to clearly stress this point.”

Peng says that “people have many misunderstandings” about her initial Weibo post.

Her wellbeing has become a matter of concern among the global tennis community when she made a claim that a former Chinese vice-premier had sexually assaulted her in the past.

Holly is an anchor and reporter at Ticker. She's experienced in live reporting, and has previously covered the Covid-19 pandemic on-location. She's passionate about telling stories in business, climate and health.

Sport

REVEALED: reasoning behind Novak Djokovic visa decision

Published

on

Off court, World tennis ace Novak Djokovic has stolen the attention of the Australian Open underway at Melbourne Park this week

Djokovic was booted from The Australian Open over his anti-vaccine views in a controversial decision by Australia’s immigration minister.

Now there is new light into why his visa was actually cancelled.

The Federal Court in Australia has released reasons for Novak Djokovic’s visa decision

The three judges say the Immigration Minister’s decision to cancel his visa was not irrational or illogical to be concerned that the support of anti-vax groups may prompt protests and community transmission of COVID-19

The judges also say the merits or wisdom of the minister’s decision wasn’t considered, only whether or not it was lawful.

The panel of Federal Court judges dismissed the world No.1s application against his visa cancellation and he was deported on Sunday evening back to Serbia.

Novak Djokovic is preparing to sue the Australian government for $6 million dollars over his visa scandal

According to a UK report its believed the eye-watering figure of 6 million Australian dollars is due to “ill treatment”,

This figure includes the total amount of Australian Open prize money that he could have claimed had he won the tournament.

A source close to his agent added he was poorly treated in the quarantine hotel in Melbourne. His mother revealed how it was full of fleas and maggots, saying he was kept a virtual prisoner.

The debacle doesn’t stop there, the Australian Open is well underway and there are claims Tennis Australia filled out Novak’s visa forms and “paid for all of his legal fees”

A local identity claims the tennis champ was asked to “provide information” laid out by Tennis Australia” and novak “did not know” what was actually written on his documents.

Now the TENNIS Australia Boss refuted those claims that it footed the bill for Novak’s legal battle, dodging questions about the tennis body’s dealings with government.

In an interview with Newscorp The tournament director says “I have seen those reports … and we don’t really go into the detail of financial arrangements we have with players but those reports are simply untrue”

This grand slam has been nothing but a headache for all involved, it’s believed Novak’s endorsement deals that are worth more than $40 million dollars a year are on the line too.

Continue Reading

Sport

Novak Djokovic $6m lawsuit against Australia

Published

on

Novak Djokovic is preparing to sue the Australian government for $6 million dollars over his visa scandal

According to a UK report its believed the eye-watering figure of 6 million Australian dollars is due to “ill treatment”, as stated in the Sun.

BREAKING NEWS REPORTER BRITTANY COLES WITH THE LATEST DEVELOPMENTS

The tennis ace was deported out of the country just days ago and the report claims that the figure includes the total amount of Australian Open prize money that he could have claimed had he won the tournament.

A source close to his agent added he was poorly treated in the quarantine hotel in Melbourne. His mother revealed how it was full of fleas and maggots, saying he was kept a virtual prisoner.

UPDATE: The Federal Court in Australia has released reasons for Novak Djokovic’s visa decision

The three judges say the Immigration Minister’s decision to cancel his visa was not irrational or illogical to be concerned that the support of anti-vax groups may prompt protests and community transmission of COVID-19

REVEALED: REASON BEHIND NOVAK’S VISA DECISION

The judges also say the merits or wisdom of the minister’s decision wasn’t considered, only whether or not it was lawful.

The panel of Federal Court judges dismissed the world No.1s application against his visa cancellation and he was deported on Sunday evening back to Serbia.

Claims Tennis Australia supported entire visa process

Now the debacle doesn’t stop there, the Australian Open is well underway at Melbourne Park Melbourne and according to sources, Tennis Australia filled out Novak’s visa forms and “paid for all of his legal fees”

A local identity claims the tennis champ was asked to “provide information” laid out by Tennis Australia” and novak “did not know” what was actually written on his documents.

Now the TENNIS Australia Boss refuted those claims that it footed the bill for Novak’s legal battle, dodging questions about the tennis body’s dealings with government.

In an interview with Newscorp The tournament director says “I have seen those reports … and we don’t really go into the detail of financial arrangements we have with players but those reports are simply untrue”

Sponsors on the line

This grand slam has been nothing but a headache for the entire tennis world… and its major sponsors

Novak’s endorsement deals are worth more than $40 million dollars a year.

French clothing brand Lacoste says it will review recent events that sparked a two-week legal battle and prevented him from defending his Australian Open title.

Continue Reading

Sport

No crowds at Winter Olympics

Published

on

Tickets for the upcoming Winter Olympic Games in Beijing wont be sold to the general public due to fears around the pandemic.

Instead, authorities will select a small group of people who can go, and distribute tickets to them instead.

Groups of spectators will be invited on site throughout the Games and will be required to strictly comply with Covid-19 prevention and control requirements.

The International Olympic Committee says those who are chosen will be residents from China’s mainland who have the required COVID-19 countermeasures.

“In terms of the grim and complex situation of epidemic prevention and control [and] in order to protect the health and safety of Olympic personnel and spectators, we have decided to change the original plan of public ticket sales,” the committee said.

The announcement comes after Beijing reported its first case of the highly transmissible Omicron variant on January 15.

The Beijing Winter Olympics are set to begin on February 4, before the Paralympic Winter Games start March 4.
Organizers intend to hold Beijing 2022 in a closed loop system which will only be accessible for Games participants — a plan that has remained in place amid the rapid spread of the Omicron variant.

Continue Reading

Trending on Ticker

Copyright © 2021 The Ticker Company PTY LTD