Connect with us

Sport

Novak Djokovic $6m lawsuit against Australia

Published

on

Novak Djokovic is preparing to sue the Australian government for $6 million dollars over his visa scandal

According to a UK report its believed the eye-watering figure of 6 million Australian dollars is due to “ill treatment”, as stated in the Sun.

BREAKING NEWS REPORTER BRITTANY COLES WITH THE LATEST DEVELOPMENTS

The tennis ace was deported out of the country just days ago and the report claims that the figure includes the total amount of Australian Open prize money that he could have claimed had he won the tournament.

A source close to his agent added he was poorly treated in the quarantine hotel in Melbourne. His mother revealed how it was full of fleas and maggots, saying he was kept a virtual prisoner.

UPDATE: The Federal Court in Australia has released reasons for Novak Djokovic’s visa decision

The three judges say the Immigration Minister’s decision to cancel his visa was not irrational or illogical to be concerned that the support of anti-vax groups may prompt protests and community transmission of COVID-19

REVEALED: REASON BEHIND NOVAK’S VISA DECISION

The judges also say the merits or wisdom of the minister’s decision wasn’t considered, only whether or not it was lawful.

The panel of Federal Court judges dismissed the world No.1s application against his visa cancellation and he was deported on Sunday evening back to Serbia.

Claims Tennis Australia supported entire visa process

Now the debacle doesn’t stop there, the Australian Open is well underway at Melbourne Park Melbourne and according to sources, Tennis Australia filled out Novak’s visa forms and “paid for all of his legal fees”

A local identity claims the tennis champ was asked to “provide information” laid out by Tennis Australia” and novak “did not know” what was actually written on his documents.

Now the TENNIS Australia Boss refuted those claims that it footed the bill for Novak’s legal battle, dodging questions about the tennis body’s dealings with government.

In an interview with Newscorp The tournament director says “I have seen those reports … and we don’t really go into the detail of financial arrangements we have with players but those reports are simply untrue”

Sponsors on the line

This grand slam has been nothing but a headache for the entire tennis world… and its major sponsors

Novak’s endorsement deals are worth more than $40 million dollars a year.

French clothing brand Lacoste says it will review recent events that sparked a two-week legal battle and prevented him from defending his Australian Open title.

Sport

Tech giant could bid for Man Utd

Published

on

Apple could be the next owner of English football giant Manchester United.

Reports suggest the American tech giant is considering a billion-dollar bid to take over the club.

It was confirmed earlier this week that the American Glazer family’s ownership of the football club is set to end.

The family sent a note to the New York Stock Exchange saying they’re exploring “strategic alternatives” for the English football club.

Apple CEO Tim Cook is apparently keen to explore opportunities that owning Manchester United could provide, and is weighing up an official bid for the club in the region of $7 billion.

Continue Reading

Sport

Japanese fans help clean up Qatar stadium, in pure class act

Published

on

In a show of good faith, Japanese soccer fans stayed back to clean the stadium

Japanese soccer fans stayed back to clean up the Qatar stadium, where they even had their own plastic bags with them.

The supporters of the Samurai Blue are earning praise for cleaning up their mess after the game.

Japan had a stunning win over Germany in their opening match of the FIFA Men’s World Cup.

It’s become a common sight at some stadiums and events in Japan.

It’s a very common sight, according to one Japanese fan, who says the practice is not unusual.

FIFA has also posted an image from the Japanese change rooms after the game, with no mess in sight.

Japan beat Germany 2 – 1 in the match. They will now take on Costa Rica in Group E.

Continue Reading

Sport

Cristiano Ronaldo has played his last Man Utd game

Published

on

Manchester United superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is set to leave the club with immediate effect.

The two parties mutually agreed to go their separate ways, in the wake of the 37-year-old’s recent interview with Piers Morgan.

In that interview, Ronaldo criticised the manager for not playing him as often and the club for ‘not evolving’ since returning for his second stint.

Ronaldo has not appeared for the Red Devils since picking up an illness in early November.

United are fifth in the Premier League, with the season taking a break for the World Cup in Qatar.

This all comes in the wake of Manchester United’s owners, the Glazer family, looking for investors after 17 years of ownership.

It has not yet been revealed whether it will be a full or partial sale of the club, or a strategic partnership.

Continue Reading

Trending Now

Copyright © 2022 The Ticker Company PTY LTD