Connect with us

Sport

Las Vegas to host Formula 1 race next year

Published

on

Rev your engines because F1 racing is coming to Las Vegas

F1 cars will race between the streets of the iconic Las Vegas Strip in November next year.

The night race will take place in November 2023. Las Vegas becomes the third U.S. city to host a race, after Miami and Austin.

The city previously hosted races in 1981 and 1982 but this will be the first time F1 cars will race on the iconic Las Vegas Strip.

“That’s going to be a pretty hardcore event.”

LEWIS HAMILTON

The 14-turn track will run for 3.8 miles, or 6.12km. Drivers can expect top speeds of up to 212mph, or 342km/h.

“Iconic Las Vegas and Formula 1, the pinnacle of motorsport, is the perfect marriage of speed and glamour,” says Liberty Media President and CEO Greg Maffei.

“Our confidence in this unique opportunity is evident in our decision to assume the promoter role for the Las Vegas Grand Prix in partnership with Live Nation,” he says.

The design features three straights, a high-speed cornering sequence and a single chicane section, with the Grand Prix to be run over 50 laps.

AlphaTauri’s Pierre Gasly also described the event as “insane”.

It’s understoof F1 and Liberty Media will work together to promote the race in partnership with Live Nation Entertainment and the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority.

Costa is a news producer at ticker NEWS. He has previously worked as a regional journalist at the Southern Highlands Express newspaper. He also has several years' experience in the fire and emergency services sector, where he has worked with researchers, policymakers and local communities. He has also worked at the Seven Network during their Olympic Games coverage and in the ABC Melbourne newsroom. He also holds a Bachelor of Arts (Professional), with expertise in journalism, politics and international relations. His other interests include colonial legacies in the Pacific, counter-terrorism, aviation and travel.

Continue Reading

Sport

Emergency World Cup departure by England’s Raheem Sterling

Published

on

In a nightmare situation for the English national football team, Raheem Sterling has returned home after intruder broke into his family residence

Football superstar Raheem Sterling has returned home on an emergency flight, after intruders broke into his family residence.

Police are investigating the burglary at Sterling’s home in a town called Leatherhead, just south of Central London.

Reports suggest a number of expensive items were stolen, including watches and other jewellery.

Sources close to Sterling say he is “shaken” and “concerned” about the wellbeing of his loved ones and wants to be home to “support his family.”

There have been nothing be best wishes and support from fellow team mates and staff. 

“For the moment the priority is clearly for him to be with his family…

We are going to support that and make sure he has as much time as he needs…

At the moment it’s a situation where he needs time with his family and I don’t want to put him under any pressure with that…

Sometimes football isn’t the most important thing and family should come first.

Gareth Southgate – ENGLAND FOOTBALL MANAGER
FILE PHOTO: Soccer Football – International Friendly – England v Ivory Coast – Wembley Stadium, London, Britain – March 29, 2022 England manager Gareth Southgate before the match REUTERS/Dylan Martinez

It comes as England get set for a big semi-finals match against France.

Continue Reading

Sport

China hides maskless crowd by editing World Cup broadcast

Published

on

China has made an effort to hide the rest of the world from its citizens by editing out crowd scenes from World Cup coverage

A China coverup has come to light as the country attempts to censor its World Cup broadcast.

Protests against China’s strict zero-covid strategy are engulfing its major cities, as Chinese TV feeds are edited to steer clear of crowd scenes.

State television removed camera shots of maskless crowd goers and instead shows closeups of coaches and players.

This has its citizens questioning why the rest of the world is getting on with normality, while they remain under strict lockdown.

The World Cup comes at a turbulent time for China, as millions remain shut away from the rest of the world.

It also comes just weeks after Xi Jinping secured a third term, with many are now demanding an end to his rein.

Continue Reading

Sport

Tech giant could bid for Man Utd

Published

on

Apple could be the next owner of English football giant Manchester United.

Reports suggest the American tech giant is considering a billion-dollar bid to take over the club.

It was confirmed earlier this week that the American Glazer family’s ownership of the football club is set to end.

The family sent a note to the New York Stock Exchange saying they’re exploring “strategic alternatives” for the English football club.

Apple CEO Tim Cook is apparently keen to explore opportunities that owning Manchester United could provide, and is weighing up an official bid for the club in the region of $7 billion.

Continue Reading
Live Watch Ticker News Live
Advertisement

Trending Now

Copyright © 2022 The Ticker Company PTY LTD