Connect with us

World

Road trip blogger Gabby Petito was strangled to death – coroner

Published

on

American “Van life” travel blogger who went missing on a road trip with her fiancé was strangled to death, a Wyoming coroner has declared

22-year-old Gabby Petito was a U.S travel blogger who went missing in late August during a “dream” cross-country road trip with her fiancé, Brian Laundrie.

Now, she has been officially declared the victim of a “homicide” after her body was found in a Wyoming national park & new details have been released about the way she died.

LATEST DEVELOPMENTS

  • Teton County coroner reveals Gabby Petito died by strangulation
  • Experts question Brian Laundrie’s survival skills
  • ‘No physical signs’ of Gabby Petito boyfriend hiding in nature reserve, police say
  • Brian Laundrie is still alive

Wyoming Coroner Dr. Brent Blue has determined that the cause of Gabby Petito’s death was strangulation 3-4 weeks before her body was found.

‘Unfortunately this is only one of many deaths around the country of people who are involved in domestic violence’ Teton County coroner on Gabby Petito’s death.

BLUE suggested that Petito’s status as social media blogger contributed to interest in her case.

Dr Blue told reporters in a news conference that Ms Petito’s body was found in a wilderness campsite with signs of strangulation.

Blue did not confirm the specifics, or if an item was used to kill her.

Laundrie, currently the only person of interest in this case, remains missing. His family say he left for a hike on 14 September and never came back.

World

Queen Elizabeth not attending COP26 climate event

Published

on

Buckingham Palace says the Queen is accepting doctor’s advice to rest

Following a health scare just last week… Queen Elizabeth will not be attending the upcoming COP-26 climate event in Glasgow.

This comes as doctors advise the royal to rest and comes just hours after she carried out her first official engagements since being admitted to hospital.

On Tuesday, Elizabeth met virtually with the ambassador of Korea and Switzerland.

Last week, Buckingham Palace revealed the monarch spent a night in hospital for “preliminary investigations”… but returned home in “good spirits”.

Meanwhile, the Queen was due to attend an evening reception in Glasgow on Monday but will deliver a video message instead.

Continue Reading

World

Jeff Bezos unveils plans for commercial space station

Published

on

Jeff Bezos’ space tourism company, Blue Origin, has announced plans to launch a space station in Earth’s orbit.

The station will be named “Orbital Reef,” and is projected to be built and operational by the end of the decade.

The company says the station will be serve as a “mixed-use business park” in space and will host up to 10 people.

Promotional material released by the company revealed the 32-thousand square foot station will provide customers with an ideal location for “filmmaking in microgravity”, or “conducting cutting-edge research”.

It’s also speculated that the space station will include a “space hotel”.

The company will partner with Sierra Space and Boeing to build the outpost.

The announcement comes amid NASA efforts to find a proposal to replace the International Space Station (ISS), which is now more than 20 years old and in desperate need of repair.

This will include $400m in private contracts to space companies to help the agency replace the ageing outpost.

There is likely to be stiff competition for the funding, and Blue Origin is the latest firm to unveil their space station concept, joining space firms Nanoracks, Voyager Space and Lockheed Martin, who have teamed up to launch a station into low orbit by 2027.

Continue Reading

Tech

Facebook, YouTube remove Bolsonaro video with false vaccine claim

Published

on

Facebook and YouTube have both removed videos from their platforms featuring Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro, in which the leader makes a false claim that COVID-19 vaccines are linked to developing AIDS.

Both sites said the video violated their policies.

“We removed a video from Jair Bolsonaro’s channel for violating our medical disinformation policy regarding COVID-19 for alleging that vaccines don’t reduce the risk of contracting the disease and that they cause other infectious diseases, and that they cause other infectious diseases,” YouTube said in a statement.

Last month, YouTube moved to remove vaccine misinformation of all kinds from its platform, and has removed more than 1 million videos related to COVID-19 vaccine misinformation since the pandemic began.

Earlier this year, YouTube removed videos from Bolsonaro’s official channel where he recommended using hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin against COVID-19, two drugs that are proven to be ineffective in the treatment of the disease.

Continue Reading

Trending on Ticker

Copyright © 2021 Ticker Media Group Pty Ltd