Connect with us

Media

Australian newspaper issues formal apology to Rebel Wilson

Published

on

The Australian newspaper accused of outing actress Rebel Wilson has issued an apology over its actions

On Friday, Wilson published her own picture on social media with her new partner, saying she has finally found her “Disney princess”.

But it later surfaced that the newspaper in question, the Sydney Morning Herald, actually knew about the relationship, and was threatening to take the information public before Wilson had a chance to do so herself.

In an article published a day after Wilson’s personal Insta post, the reporter wrote he gave the actor under 48 hours to provide a comment for his story on her new-found love.

It was this report that has sparked widespread outrage online, with LGBTQ+ campaigners slamming the reporter’s intentions, saying it is unacceptable to put pressure on celebrities to come out in 2022.

Amid continuing backlash, the Sydney Morning Herald has responded, with the columnist in question, Andrew Hornery admitting he “mishandled steps in the approach”.

He says it’s not the Herald’s business to ‘out’ people… and insists that is not what the paper set out to do, but understands why his actions were taken in this way.

As a gay man, Hornery says he is well aware of how “deeply discrimination hurts” and he would not wish to “inflict that pain on someone else”.

In response to a Twitter post saying it wasn’t her choice to come out, 42-year-old Wilson says it was a “very hard situation” but she is “trying to handle it with grace”.

William is an Executive News Producer at TICKER NEWS, responsible for the production and direction of news bulletins. William is also the presenter of the hourly Weather + Climate segment. With qualifications in Journalism and Law (LLB), William previously worked at the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) before moving to TICKER NEWS. He was also an intern at the Seven Network's 'Sunrise'. A creative-minded individual, William has a passion for broadcast journalism and reporting on global politics and international affairs.

Media

Nude Britney Spears post sparks concern among fans

Published

on

A nude Britney Spears post has many fans concerned about her wellbeing

Pop sensation Britney Spears is no stranger to a controversial social media post, where she openly flaunts her body.

However, her latest post to Instagram has many of her beloved followers concerned.

The 40-year-old posted an explicit photo of herself in a near-empty bathtub, with a flower emoji the only thing between the world and her private parts.

It was paired with an unusual captions that read, “I like to suck!!! Never professional pics … sucking comes easy for me!!! Keep clapping bitch!!!”

The icon has 41 million followers on the social media app, many of whom were quick to share their concerns.

Some are suggesting Spears’ account is being controlled by someone else, attempting to make her look bad.

While others backed the pop stars post, supporting her desire to be open with her body image because she struggled during her younger years in the spotlight.

Continue Reading

Media

A police officer quits the force, after setting up her own porn site

Published

on

A police officer describing herself “Officer Naughty” has quit the force, after setting up her own porn site.

Constable Sam Helena was suspended after an Only Fans page went viral.

She calls herself a “good girl gone bad” and has previously faced disciplinary action for sharing raunchy videos of herself.

One clip shows the officer in a navy blue corset with a police badge. But the force believes her behaviour had brought the organisation into disrepute.

A Met Police spokeswoman says it is investigating the behaviour.

It’s understood Commissioner Mark Rowley has vowed to clamp down on misconduct and misogyny in the force.

Continue Reading

Media

Box Office disaster for Disney

Published

on

The results from the all-important Thanksgiving Box Office sales are in.

This year’s Thanksgiving movies proved to be a feast and famine for Walt Disney.

While “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” added $64 million to its domestic tally during the five-day time frame, Disney’s latest animated feature “Strange World” failed to lure in moviegoers, generating just $18.6 million.

That is the worst three-day opening for a Disney animated feature since 2000′s “The Emperor’s New Groove.”

It comes as CEO Bob Iger returns to the helm of the company, promising to restructure Disney in a way that puts creativity at the forefront.

Thanksgiving week is an important time for studios at the box office, usually bringing in around $250 million in ticket sales each year.

ENDS

Continue Reading

Trending Now

Copyright © 2022 The Ticker Company PTY LTD