Connect with us

World

White House lightning strike leaves four injured

Published

on

Four people have been injured after a lightning strike outside the White House

Two men and two women remain in a critical condition after a lightning strike hit Lafayette Park, which is just outside the U.S. President’s residence.

Emergency crews were called to the scene just before 7pm local time.

It’s understood the victims were taken to a nearby hospital with critical and life-threatening injuries.

The U.S. Secret Service and Park Police saw the lightning strike and ran over to offer their assistance and provide first aid.

The park was closed for over an hour as emergency crews remained on the scene.

Costa is a news producer at ticker NEWS. He has previously worked as a regional journalist at the Southern Highlands Express newspaper. He also has several years' experience in the fire and emergency services sector, where he has worked with researchers, policymakers and local communities. He has also worked at the Seven Network during their Olympic Games coverage and in the ABC Melbourne newsroom. He also holds a Bachelor of Arts (Professional), with expertise in journalism, politics and international relations. His other interests include colonial legacies in the Pacific, counter-terrorism, aviation and travel.

World

China ‘doesn’t want to’ use force against Taiwan

Published

on

China’s Ambassador to Australia says the last thing China wants to do is use force against Taiwan

Xiao Qian says he can never rule out the option to use other means, and that China is ready to use those means.

It follows an intense flare up of tensions in the Taiwan Straits, after U-S Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s visit to the democratically-ruled island.

China has responded with military drills, including the tests of a ballistic missile for the first time in history.

Taiwan is also responding with defence drills, as the nation seeks to counter China’s growing offensive.

Continue Reading

World

Kiely Rodni: Fears missing teen has been abducted

Published

on

A major search is underway for missing teen, Kiely Rodni, with renewed fears she may have been abducted

In a developing story officials, friends and family are scrambling to find 16-year-old, Kiely Rodni, who went missing after a party in Truckee, Northern California.

Rodni’s phone has not been used since the party at 12:30am local time on Saturday, near the Prosser Family Campground.

Police are “treating her disappearance as an abduction” and not ruling anything out at this stage. Officials are still unable to locate Kiely’s Silver 2013 Honda CRV vehicle. 

“We’re considering everything…We won’t rule anything out…

If you think you have information and you don’t think it’s relevant, we want it.”

Scott Alfred, detective, county sheriff

Kiely is caucasian with blonde hair and hazel eyes. She is approximately 170 cm tall, and weighs approximately 53 kgs.

Last known CCTV footage of Kiely

The teen has a distinct nose ring and was last seen wearing a black top and Dickies brand pants.

According to the Placer County Sheriff’s Office between 200-300 teens were at the party, with authorities stressing no one will be in trouble for drinking or taking drugs at the party.

Officials say finding Rodni is their only focus, with multiple agencies now part of the investigation.

Friends that were with her that night are trying to piece together what has happened to their friend.

“I know that she wasn’t in the right mindset or state to drive. And if she were to have driven, she wouldn’t have made it far…

So my concern is that somebody might have offered to drive her home and then didn’t take her home.”

sami smith, Kiely’s friend

Her distressed family are pleading for answers and have offered a $50,000 reward for Kiely’s safe return.

“We just want her home. We’re so scared, and we miss her so much. And we love her so much…

Kiely if you see this, please come home. I want nothing more but to hug you.”

Lindsey Rodni-Nieman, Kiely’s mother

Kiely’s mother, Lindsey, says she received a message from her daughter confirming she was leaving the party in 45 minutes and would be coming straight home.

Since then, no one has heard from Kiely.

Continue Reading

World

Are members of the Trump family facing jail time?

Published

on

A Former Justice Department prosecutor who worked on special counsel Robert Mueller’s team, says that if he was advising a client facing what former President Donald Trump is, there would be a strong warning.

But now a former acting Solicitor General has gone even further, saying he’d be advising Trump that he’s facing jail time and to make plans accordingly.

Neal Katyal says it’s clear this is a targeted search against Donald Trump by the Justice Department.

Meanwhile, the White House says the President hasn’t been briefed or made aware of the raid on Donald Trump’s Florida home.

Today the White House press secretary was grilled by a reporter on the Trump issue, but responded with a firm “no comment”.

The FBI search of former President Donald Trump’s residence in Florida on Monday signalled an extraordinary escalation of an investigation into the handling of certain documents from his presidency.

The raid raises questions about whether his legal exposure extends beyond whether he improperly took government records when he left the White House.

We don’t yet know what the FBI was searching for.
But to obtain a search warrant, investigators would have had to show a judge that there was probable cause of a crime.
They would also need to show evidence of that crime was located at Mar-a-Lago, Trump’s Palm Beach resort.

Continue Reading

Trending Now

Copyright © 2022 The Ticker Company PTY LTD