Connect with us
https://tickernews.co/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/AmEx-Thought-Leaders.jpg

News

WITHDRAWAL: US troops officially make their way home from Afghanistan

Published

on

The US military withdrawal from Afghanistan is officially underway.

The White House has confirmed that the US military has already begun to withdraw troops from war-torn Afghanistan.

The oval office says it “remains committed to having all personnel out of Afghanistan by September 11, 2021”.

Just under 1,000 troops have already been moved from the country, as well as some government contractors and officials who were based there.

There are fears that the Taliban will attempt to make an attack on personnel being withdrawn from Afghanistan, so the US is unlikely to disclose all of the departure details.

“It is a complex operation and not without risk and it will unfold over the coming weeks.”

General Mark A. Milley, CHAIRMAN OF THE JOINT CHIEFS OF STAFF

The Pentagon has temporarily provided B-52H Stratofortress aircraft to U.S. Central Command, the combatant command that oversees American operations throughout the Middle East.

The Pentagon also says a recently deployed U.S. Navy carrier strike group is also aiding the operation.

The withdrawal of 3,000 service members by September 11th will mark the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

William is an Executive News Producer at TICKER NEWS, responsible for the production and direction of news bulletins. William is also the presenter of the hourly Weather + Climate segment. With qualifications in Journalism and Law (LLB), William previously worked at the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) before moving to TICKER NEWS. He was also an intern at the Seven Network's 'Sunrise'. A creative-minded individual, William has a passion for broadcast journalism and reporting on global politics and international affairs.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Jesse Jackson dies at 84 civil rights leader and presidential candidate

Civil rights leader Jesse Jackson, 84, dies, leaving a legacy in equality advocacy and global diplomacy.

Published

on

Civil rights leader Jesse Jackson, 84, dies, leaving a legacy in equality advocacy and global diplomacy.


Civil rights icon Jesse Jackson has passed away at the age of 84. Known as a servant leader, he dedicated his life to giving a voice to the oppressed and advocating for equality worldwide.

Jackson founded Operation PUSH and the National Rainbow Coalition, and served as a special envoy to Africa under President Bill Clinton, leaving a lasting impact on global diplomacy and social justice.

He also ran for the Democratic presidential nomination in 1984 and 1988, played a key role in US politics, and helped secure the release of hostages abroad, remaining a tireless advocate until his passing.

Subscribe to never miss an episode of Ticker – https://www.youtube.com/@weareticker


Download the Ticker app

Continue Reading

News

Iran and U.S. reach preliminary nuclear agreement in Geneva

Iran and the US report initial progress in Geneva nuclear talks, agreeing on guiding principles but needing further negotiations.

Published

on

Iran and the US report initial progress in Geneva nuclear talks, agreeing on guiding principles but needing further negotiations.

Tensions ease as Iran and the United States reach preliminary agreements during high-stakes nuclear talks in Geneva. The discussions focused on technical nuclear issues, with Iran’s Foreign Minister and the IAEA Director General involved.

After four hours of negotiations, both sides confirmed a broad agreement on guiding principles, signaling a potential path toward a formal nuclear deal. While progress is promising, further talks are expected before finalising any agreement.

The talks unfold amid US military deployments in the region, highlighting the delicate balance of diplomacy and security. Vice President JD Vance emphasised the priority of preventing Iran from accessing nuclear weapons.

Subscribe to never miss an episode of Ticker – https://www.youtube.com/@weareticker


Download the Ticker app

Continue Reading

News

Oscar winner Robert Duvall dies aged 95 leaving a towering legacy

Oscar-winning actor Robert Duvall, 95, dies, leaving a legacy that shaped modern cinema with iconic roles.

Published

on

Oscar-winning actor Robert Duvall, 95, dies, leaving a legacy that shaped modern cinema with iconic roles.

Oscar-winning actor Robert Duvall has died at the age of 95, marking the end of an era for one of Hollywood’s most respected performers. Best known for his role as Tom Hagen in The Godfather, Duvall built a career defined by power, restraint and authenticity on screen.

From early theatre work to standout performances in To Kill A Mockingbird and Apocalypse Now, Duvall became one of the most versatile actors of his generation. He later won the Academy Award for Tender Mercies, cementing his place among cinema’s elite.

Beyond acting, Duvall was also an accomplished director and musician, earning admiration for his dedication to craft and character. His legacy leaves an indelible mark on American film history.


Subscribe to never miss an episode of Ticker – https://www.youtube.com/@weareticker


Download the Ticker app

Continue Reading

Trending Now