Connect with us

World

New Zealand eyes opening to vaccinated travellers early 2022

Published

on

The world could be heading towards a sense of normality, sooner than we thought

New Zealand has revealed bold plans to allow quarantine-free entry to vaccinated travellers from low-risk countries from early 2022.

It comes as the nation looks to open its borders again after nearly 18 months of pandemic-induced isolation.

Tight border controls and its geographic advantage helped New Zealand stamp out COVID-19 much faster than almost all other countries. However the great benefit of being isolated did leave the Pacific island nation of 5 million almost entirely cut off from the rest of the world.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern confirmed on Thursday that the country is still not ready to open up entirely, but will open in phases from early next year.

PM Ardern says New Zealand is “simply not in a position to fully reopen just yet,”.

“When we move we will be careful and deliberate, because we want to move with confidence and with as much certainty as possible,”

Ardern stated that the government will look at opening quarantine-free travel to vaccinated travellers from low-risk countries from the first quarter of 2022.

Qantas staff talk to passengers onboard a flight bound for Auckland on April 19.

Those travelling from medium-risk countries will undertake self-isolation or a shorter stay at a quarantine hotel.

Those coming from high-risk countries or are unvaccinated will still have to spend 14 days in quarantine.

Some vaccinated travellers will be able to participate in a pilot from October through December this year, wherein they can travel and self-isolate at home.

Anthony Lucas is reporter, presenter and social media producer with ticker News. Anthony holds a Bachelor of Professional Communication, with a major in Journalism from RMIT University as well as a Diploma of Arts and Entertainment journalism from Collarts. He’s previously worked for 9 News, ONE FM Radio and Southern Cross Austerio’s Hit Radio Network. 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Business

New York Stock Exchange in free fall

Published

on

Human error sends the New York Stock Exchange tumbling

 
We’ve all made mistakes at the office from time to time, but spare a thought for one worker who may have single-handedly brought down the U.S. stock market with just one tiny error.

The mistake of one employee has wiped billions of dollars off the charts for some of the globe’s largest companies.

The individual reportedly triggered wild swings and volatility on the New York Stock Exchange

Big brand names were caught up in the catastrophe including McDonald’s, Walmart, and Mobil.

The NYSE came clean, admitting that the“root cause” of the screw-up was a “manual error” from a staff member in the backup data centre.

The employee accidentally left the back-up system running.

That’s why some stocks behaved as if trading had already started, with no opening prices being set, sending the market into a meltdown. #trending #featured

Continue Reading

Sport

Bombshell pro-Russian video emerges from Australian Open

Published

on

A bombshell video has emerged of the father of tennis star Novak Djokovic, amplifying the Russian controversy the Australian Open

 
Djokovic’s father was seen posing for pictures with a group of Putin supporters after his son won against Russia’s Andrey Rublev, to qualify for his 10th semi-final.

Russian flags have been banned from the Australian Open, but that didn’t stop one fan.

A man was seen holding a Russian flag with Putin’s face on it and wearing a t-shirt with the pro-war ‘Z’ symbol on it.

Four spectators were questioned by police and evicted from Melbourne Park.

After losing her semi-final, Belarusian Viktoria Azarenka hit back at media when pressed on tennis’ relationship with Russia’s war on Ukraine.

She told reporters incidents like Novak’s father posing with Russian fans have nothing to do with players.

Continue Reading

World

FBI Director discusses classified documents as U.S. lawmakers demand answers

Published

on

Bipartisan outrage on Capitol Hill as politicians say the Biden administration is stonewalling their quest for answers

FBI Director Christopher Wray is speaking out for the first time after several batches of classified documents were discovered in U.S. President Joe Biden’s Wilmington home and Washington think tank office.

On Thursday, Wray urged lawmakers and officials to be “conscious of the rules” when dealing with classified documents.

The statements appear to be a veiled criticism of President Biden after news broke that some of the classified papers in the President’s possession date back 14-years ago to when Biden was a Delaware Senator raising questions if this is a pattern for the president to mishandle classified information.

Meanwhile, on Capitol Hill, there is bipartisan outrage as lawmakers say the Biden administration is stonewalling them in their quest for answers.

Currently, both Biden and former President Donald Trump are facing special counsel investigations into their mishandling of classified documents—and just this week, former Vice President Mike Pence turned over classified documents to the DOJ.

Continue Reading
Live Watch Ticker News Live
Advertisement

Trending Now

Copyright © 2022 The Ticker Company PTY LTD